Omnipod! Wanting To Throw In The Towel

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
awwww @carak1987
i wish i could take all your bad feeling and thought away for you-- you don't deserve it -- you are an inspiration ( to me ) with your career choice , and I know you will get yourself sorted on your pump -- just stick with it for another few weeks it will get better
[[[hugs]]]

Reactions: 2 people

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not on an omnipod pod I use a Medtronic 640 but one thing that struck me is you were using extended boluses... I only ever use them for Pizza and the like (really high fat stuff) if I used them all the time my blood sugars would be off the chart. I think stick to just normal boluses for now and when your sugars settle down start experimenting with the other types of boluses for different type of food.

Reactions: 4 people

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Update.

I have not extended bolus today. I have been below 9 most of day except this morning. I've actually hypo'd lol its refreshing. I've spoken to my Dsn and she said my fasting is too high at present so to see what tomorrow is like as it was 11.7 this morning. Lowest it's been on the pump. So I'll keep you updated. Thanks so much to you all though

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
awwww @carak1987
i wish i could take all your bad feeling and thought away for you-- you don't deserve it -- you are an inspiration ( to me ) with your career choice , and I know you will get yourself sorted on your pump -- just stick with it for another few weeks it will get better
[[[hugs]]]

Thank you. Means alot. And I hope to get my self sorted to become a Dsn. I suppose I'll be great in the future as I have had to deal with quite a bit with my diabetes ha ha

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hear ya, I'm a month in and still feel the same. Only good thing is that it's taken away my hypo anxiety, but that's because I never get low enough to have hypos!!

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I hear ya, I'm a month in and still feel the same. Only good thing is that it's taken away my hypo anxiety, but that's because I never get low enough to have hypos!!

I had constant hypos and today has been my 2nd one in 10 days lmao it's weird. But I have had real highs. My bms were above 30 yesterday x

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first week I was consistently in the 20's one month later I'm constantly in the teens so not much better lol!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
My first week I was consistently in the 20's one month later I'm constantly in the teens so not much better lol!
do keep speaking with your DSN about adjusting basal rates -- took me about 6-8 weeks to get to a good level -- and after 10 months I still need small tweaks to keep in range
bu the hypo's are loads better ( not as many )