Fish

suffolkboi61

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Marzipan ewwwwwwwwww
Hi all

Over the last 2/3 weeks I have noticed that when ever I have eaten fish from either the tin or fresh, my Bs's have reduced to 5.0 and below.

My question is, taking into account the chance of hypo, would eating to much fish be worryingsome.

I eat at least, 6 tins of mackeral, 4/6 tins of sardines, 4 tins of kippers, along with 4/8 portions fresh haddock, same with whiting. per week. this is not including the winkles and prawns.

Yes some may have gathered I live in a fishing town and love sea food :D

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Only a problem if you look down and your skin is shimmering or, when you look behind, you notice a fin following you and have an irresistible urge to plunge into the sea. :wink:

Seriously though, you may be overdoing it a tad and perhaps you would be wise to try and balance it a bit more.

Reactions: 2 people

whatashock

I was told by my dietician to try and eat 'wet fish' twice a week.

We tend to have salmon once a week.

I am also very, very lucky (and please dont have a go at me) as it seems Sushi has very little effect, even with the rice.

i went out for Sushi on Satruday night, and two hours later I was 5.6. Sunday morning when I expected to be high, I was 5.8.

I know it is not the best thing to do, but I tend to have a sushi binge once every couple of months.

good luck.

cowmigator

Dislikes
Over cooked Steak
People who faff
Travelling on busses
People driving too close
Wow! my three tins of mackerel, 1 packet of smoked mackerel, jar of cockles and a fresh crab, just pales in comparison. By the way, none of which has any effect on my blood sugar!

Aubergenie

Dislikes
Weetabix, Twilight, Katherine Jenkins,
I live on fish. Its the one thing I do eat that I can pretty much guarantee not to affect my BSl's I adore Sushi, and have experimented with making my own (fishfinger california rolls are not as nice as they sound)

Saying that, I'm partial to the occaisional Sausage and Mash. Nowt wrong with a bit of sausage.

viv1969

suffolkboi61 said:
Hi all

Over the last 2/3 weeks I have noticed that when ever I have eaten fish from either the tin or fresh, my Bs's have reduced to 5.0 and below.

My question is, taking into account the chance of hypo, would eating to much fish be worryingsome.

I eat at least, 6 tins of mackeral, 4/6 tins of sardines, 4 tins of kippers, along with 4/8 portions fresh haddock, same with whiting. per week. this is not including the winkles and prawns.

Yes some may have gathered I live in a fishing town and love sea food :D

My deepest apologies....but that really gave me the giggles as I had visions of trawlermen hoiking thousands of tins of fish right out of the ocean....lol

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Although it is good for you oily fish can absorb pollutants from the water - so it is advised you eat no more than 4 portions a week - though I often have more - but then I crave danger :lol: