AFTER 2YEARS STILL THINKING,,,,,,,,,WHY

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Some things just ARE
Hana

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
It is easy to wonder 'Why?' but you really should start asking 'Why Not?'

Diabetics live a life of testing and injections (or pump) because that is all there is on offer. My son recently developed hypothyroidism (another auto immune problem) and it's treatment only involves a tablet every morning. It isn't the diabetes that is a problem but the treatment that is so relentless that impacts life. Diabetes involves organisation and the only spontaneous thing is a hypo. It isn't like a day can be missed here and there. As you can probably tell I'm also a bit annoyed at diabetes but only because I and my son have a cold. I really dislike that he can't just be sick and sleep it off. If I'm not in testing him, I'm getting him to eat or sticking a needle in his butt.

Try not to count the days too much. Diabetes is just another family member even though a bit of a high maintenance guest.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
WHY.. i dont know, i seem to be getting a new forever illness every year, me thinks i was a hangman in my past life, sadly some things in life we cannot do anything about and just need to get on with it, there are always people worse off :)

lionrampant

Diabetes, really, isn't all that different from any other thing in life that we wish was different. Your lover leaves, your ambitions are thwarted in work, you fail exams, you miss uni places, your favourite shirt tears, the weather sucks on your holiday, your car slides and crashes on a road that dozens of other drivers haven't had any problems on, you fall for a woman you can't have...

It's just life. You can't control the millions of random factors that lead up to those events, which are sometimes predicated by actions taken by people before you are even born. All you can do is try and make the best decisions to get the most out of life for you. Until medical science determines what causes the immune reaction that causes Type 1 Diabetes in the first place, that's all anyone can ever do.

You man up and deal, or you let any one of those challenges become large enough in your mind to destroy you. Given that I let one such event take over my life for a while, I'm not condescending - I'm speaking from experience.

8)