Really worried after screening test

vicki-louise

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure how to post a new question on here.

I am currently just over 14 weeks pregnant . I got my results of my down screening test today and I have a low chance but my papp-a levels are slightly low, has anyone else experienced this? I stupidly googled it and I am now really worried about the risk of still birth etc
Thanks Vicki

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @vicki-louise

I didn't have any screening tests through choice, but I did find this on the Internet for you:

http://www.babycenter.com/400_low-papp-a-levels-should-we-be-worried_1810636_32.bc

Read the first reply there - a healthy baby :) Don't Google any more. Google makes you worry - a lot! More than that, you've said your levels were only slightly low. Don't let this slight low level ruin your pregnancy. Speak to your consultant about it if your still concerned, but please don't stress and scare yourself. Pregnancy is worrying and you're more susceptible to getting upset and worrying. Most of the worries turn out to be unnecessary.

Take care xx

Reactions: Freema

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Wholeheartedly agree with Azure - don't google!!! Learnt (a few times) the hard way that if you Google anything pregnancy related most of what you'll find is worse case scenarios that frighten the heebee jeebees out of you!

Did your consultant suggest if you can do anything...? If so, focus on that - but otherwise try to let it go... xx

Reactions: azure