feeling alone :(

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Seyiauetta - It's a good idea to eat something if you are taking Metformin or any tablets for that matter. Why not try a small handful of plain unsalted nuts such as Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds or even Cashews. You will find nuts are great for lowering and controlling blood sugar too.:)

Seyiauetta

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cigarette Smoke. People who need to be reminded a gazillion times that I'm still Deaf even though I have a voice!
Hi I'm loving the way you post on here and all the good advice and I want to follow you but don't know how lol
emoji1303.png
emoji4.png
@Seyiauetta - It's a good idea to eat something if you are taking Metformin or any tablets for that matter. Why not try a small handful of plain unsalted nuts such as Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds or even Cashews. You will find nuts are great for lowering and controlling blood sugar too.:)
I love nuts so that's certainly an option I really hadn't thought of. thank you. I'm sorry to everyone for seeming such an idiot but this is all new to me. :-(

Reactions: Freema

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
Hi, Seyiauetta!

So glad you found a home here for your Type2 issues. I've been T2 for 4 years now. I'm very heavy, I was rapidly approaching 300lb (21.5 Stone?) With this weight issue and my Type2 I had to start seriously counting calories I realized (which meant cutting out high glycemic carbs). So, I started on MyFitnessPal (plus adding very gradual exercise activity.... a lot of walking.) and it's working. Many folk are finding success with it. Now I'm down 18lbs, dropped a pant size and my BG is stable on average 5.9mmol/L. I had to cut out almost everything that could be converted to glucose, that means, refined anything. I stay away from the processed foods. Anyway, I hope that is of some help for you... great success as you acclimatize your BG levels.... it can be done!

Seyiauetta

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cigarette Smoke. People who need to be reminded a gazillion times that I'm still Deaf even though I have a voice!
I love nuts so that's certainly an option I really hadn't thought of. thank you. I'm sorry to everyone for seeming such an idiot but this is all new to me. :-(
Hi, Seyiauetta!

So glad you found a home here for your Type2 issues. I've been T2 for 4 years now. I'm very heavy, I was rapidly approaching 300lb (21.5 Stone?) With this weight issue and my Type2 I had to start seriously counting calories I realized (which meant cutting out high glycemic carbs). So, I started on MyFitnessPal (plus adding very gradual exercise activity.... a lot of walking.) and it's working. Many folk are finding success with it. Now I'm down 18lbs, dropped a pant size and my BG is stable on average 5.9mmol/L. I had to cut out almost everything that could be converted to glucose, that means, refined anything. I stay away from the processed foods. Anyway, I hope that is of some help for you... great success as you acclimatize your BG levels.... it can be done!
Thank you, everyone here has been so amazingly helpful, I just can't thank people enough really. It's harder when you're Deaf and you live alone too. I have high blood pressure also. I had no-one to ask anything of at all until I found this site. I THINK I'm getting there though as each day it comes down a little more. yesterday on fasting (first thing in the morning) it was over 11 and this morning it's 9.1 so It seems I'm getting there. WELL DONE to you!!!! That's pretty damned amazing fella. :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, everyone here has been so amazingly helpful, I just can't thank people enough really. It's harder when you're Deaf and you live alone too. I have high blood pressure also. I had no-one to ask anything of at all until I found this site. I THINK I'm getting there though as each day it comes down a little more. yesterday on fasting (first thing in the morning) it was over 11 and this morning it's 9.1 so It seems I'm getting there. WELL DONE to you!!!! That's pretty damned amazing fella. :)

wow thats fine ... good luck with your journey