injection tips for a skinny bloke

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
I am currently 9 stone 4 (woops) was 23 stone (woops) now I'm finding it hard to inject I have no fatty bits just excess skin and I will never inject in my arm (train spotting phobia) any hints cheers muchness
Regards Willie

lilibet

Hi
Id prob speak to a nurse to check sites and ensure all ok, but possibles include

Buttocks (even skinny folks have fleshier bits there)
Thighs (even not being able to pinch more than an inch doesnt stop you)
Stomach - your excess skin is still presumably attached to you? :lol: Therefore, its subcutaneous and should be able to get into bloodstream so unless directed otherwise you could still use this area

Other things to consider are of course needle sizes. Therefore you could use bigger needles for the excess skin areas, smaller for the smaller surface areas (ie 6mm)

Im with you on the arms, I get eczma and react v badly to insulin leaks. Also, I find it hellish to pinch and inject on them genearlly. I end up like a Monty Python sketch!!

JP1980

Dislikes
Hypos!
I have got nothing much to aim at apart from the fronts and sides of my thighs and what I like to call my side bum...which is the fleshiest part of anyone!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Great work on losing 14st - how did you do that!

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
stopped drinking full fat drinks and sugar and walking was all it took my metabolism kicked in properly when the junk was cut out