Dizzyness

annette53

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Garlic, Chillis, and anything spicey
I'm type 2, from UK, and feeling weak sick and dizzy is it to do with low sugar, what should the norm be for bs level

A

asparagusp

Fasting 4-7 Two hours post prandial - less than 8.5 Bedtime - at least 6.5

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Did you check your levels?

You do need to check. I had a HUGE bowl of porridge about 8 am this morning and had a Metformin pill ... just tested as I am feeling dizzy and shakey .... 4.3 (for me that is a hypo) ... without checking you won't be able to tell for sure. I've just taken jelly babies ...

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
if you've changed your eating habits it maybe that your not eating the correct foods and getting
enough fibre ,protien etc get a doctors appointment if to be sure

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Another reason that you might be feeling dizzy is to do with BP or medication. The symptoms you describe can also be caused by very low blood pressure and/or side effects from certain medications. I agree that you should see your doctor to find the reason for your feeling like this. Good luck!

S

Sean01

Sound slike low blood sugar. Good advice from previous contributors and on this web site. Quick fix: a couple of jelly babies. Never go anywhere without them - the speed at which they get into the blood is amazing. You look new. You need to test regularly and see how thinks affect your blood sugar and NOT JUST FOOD - it could be exercise, stress, catching a cold etc. At least make a mental note of everything so that you can learen what to avoid or at least see a problem coming a deal with it. Good luck

Reactions: bigjim19