Depressed Yet Again

Shaydollar811

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all just feeling depressed after reading some people's post. I was diagnosed in june with an T2 A1c of 8.2 glucose level of 192. Today A1c 5.5 glucose level 111, after reading some of the storIes am beginning to feel hopeless like this is going to kill me don't know if this is really worth fighting anymore. ..

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
No don't feel like that. Everyone is individual and your numbers have improved - you are down from 8.2 to 5.5, and from 192 to 111. The point is your numbers are going down, admittedly a bit slower than you would likely have liked, but the important thing is they are doing so. Keep going and take heart. You'll get there.

Reactions: Prem51

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all just feeling depressed after reading some people's post. I was diagnosed in june with an T2 A1c of 8.2 glucose level of 192. Today A1c 5.5 glucose level 111, after reading some of the storIes am beginning to feel hopeless like this is going to kill me don't know if this is really worth fighting anymore. ..

You're doing really well. That's a great improvement, seriously :) I had the same hbA1c result as you when I was first diagnosed.

Please don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has a different path to travel and we're not all the same. I've been T2 for 18 years now and I can say it's been quite a journey of ups and downs. What you learn is to be resilient and if things look bad, then there is always tomorrow to get the numbers back in order. If things don't work, you try something different.

Keep at it and don't you give up ok. That's the key. Don't let diabetes get you down.

C

catherinecherub

You have to stop looking at your management as a competition but something that you are in control of.
You may be taking more time to get where you want to be but who said that there is a time limit?

Congratulate yourself on how far you have come and give yourself some praise and a reward, a new hairdo, a CD, something you would like.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on the 5.5, I'll kill for a level like that, diagnosed 3 years ago at 17.2! last A1c 8.3 it's taking time, plenty of playing with my meds, and work on my diet (years of low fat, high carb diets!) I still struggle with my love of bread, but I am slowly getting there. Don't be to hard on yourself, diabetes is a marathon not a sprint,

Shaydollar811

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You have to stop looking at your management as a competition but something that you are in control of.
You may be taking more time to get where you want to be but who said that there is a time limit?

Congratulate yourself on how far you have come and give yourself some praise and a reward, a new hairdo, a CD, something you would like.
Sounds good Thank you Catherinecherub

Shaydollar811

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Congratulations on the 5.5, I'll kill for a level like that, diagnosed 3 years ago at 17.2! last A1c 8.3 it's taking time, plenty of playing with my meds, and work on my diet (years of low fat, high carb diets!) I still struggle with my love of bread, but I am slowly getting there. Don't be to hard on yourself, diabetes is a marathon not a sprint,
Thank u lessci guess I'm beating myself up way too much.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I would also kill for an Hba1c of 5.5%. That levels is absolutely fine. If I can get my HBa1C back down to 6% I will be happy.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I've got to have my review in a couple of weeks time - my last HBAC1 was 7.0 so I'm hoping with the LCHC I've been doing, it will have improved since my last test nearly 2 months ago. Here's hoping!

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank u lessci guess I'm beating myself up way too much.

You certainly were, Shaydollar - just look how far you've come. You're not in Scotland by any chance, are you? They have a website where people can access their diabetes records. It's called 'My diabetes, my way'. I think that's a brilliant title - because it explains just how things are - individual and separate and personal to each and everyone one, and that it needs to be handled individually, personally, and separately for each.