Me Of Little Faith - Test Strips!

A

asparagusp

My main meter is a Glucolab provided by my nurse a year ago. A couple of days into my holiday in Seville last week, whilst out and about, I got obscure error messages when inserting the strips, no matter how many I tried! I changed the tub and the following day, the same. When I returned to the hotel, the strips worked! Although warm in Seville, it was only around 20 degrees so I shouldn't have got these error codes! Very bizarre!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My main meter is a Glucolab provided by my nurse a year ago. A couple of days into my holiday in Seville last week, whilst out and about, I got obscure error messages when inserting the strips, no matter how many I tried! I changed the tub and the following day, the same. When I returned to the hotel, the strips worked! Although warm in Seville, it was only around 20 degrees so I shouldn't have got these error codes! Very bizarre!

yes that sounds weird !!!!

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
Blame it on the Vino collapso!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This or something similar happened with my SD a couple of months ago. I turned it off and on, changed the battery and soon it made some unfamiliar beeping noises and came right. I am pretty sure the old battery was fine but changing it may have reset something. It works now.

A

asparagusp

This or something similar happened with my SD a couple of months ago. I turned it off and on, changed the battery and soon it made some unfamiliar beeping noises and came right. I am pretty sure the old battery was fine but changing it may have reset something. It works now.
So all I had to do was switch it off and on ..... zzz What a numpty I am! Cheers!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think removing the battery would reset everything but the data. Just switching off and back on would not do that.
Some meters may even have a reset button.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd suspect the batteries - when reaching their old age they can often cope in moderate temperatures but take them out into the sun and they totter and collapse. Lower the temperature again and they pick themselves up and soldier on.

A

asparagusp

Thanks Resurgen. That sounds right. The meter batteries are about 16 months old.