Tesco High Protein Loaf

MissMac

Darn it..that's like half the day's carbs in one slice...mind you...it's wheat I am guessing so I wouldn't eat it anyway!! Hope those of you who do enjoy :)

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Burgen bread (soya and linseed) in Tesco is 1.8g sugar per slice. It tastes pretty good too.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Burgen bread (soya and linseed) in Tesco is 1.8g sugar per slice. It tastes pretty good too.
But if you are counting carbs then its still 11g per slice.... more than half my daily allowance.. it's not the sugar that maters its the total carbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Bri

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried this today and it was really nice - was a bit dubious as I tried the Lidl high protien rolls a couple of weeks ago and really didn't like them at all. I usually have burgen bread when I have it but the new Tesco one was a bit more like bread and less seedy than burgen - it toasted really well and 1 slice has been very kind on my bs

I think I will still use burgen in the main but this is a nice change

Emg23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I really like the new Tesco loaf,bought another today and there is also one in the freezer for Christmas. I think it's lovely and doesn't affect bs too much. Em

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really like the new Tesco loaf,bought another today and there is also one in the freezer for Christmas. I think it's lovely and doesn't affect bs too much. Em
Whats the Tesco bread actually called please so i can look ?
Thanks