Channel 4 Food Unwrapped - January 2 featuring Dr Unwin a GP promoting LCHF

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good program .. well the Dr Unwin part was excellent ... I keep saying to people the LCHF way of eating is not just for diabetes .. but I am no-one ,, so am not listened to.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
good program .. well the Dr Unwin part was excellent ... I keep saying to people the LCHF way of eating is not just for diabetes .. but I am no-one ,, so am not listened to.

So he was actually promoting high fat as well, at last, as he has seemed reluctant before to throw his weight behind that, rather than just low carb.

Reactions: dbr10

kittypoker

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks so much for all the support and the kind tweets to @lowcarbGP
It was you folks on this forum that taught me so much in the beginning
Slowly the low carb message is getting out there

@Southport GP Thank you. Every step in the right direction will help future generations. The last 50 years of low fat, high carb dietary advice have been a terrible global experiment which has failed miserably, and all because of bad information.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I was proud to tell my family that the gp on tv cannot be wrong. It has definitely gave my 2nd attempt some kudos and more acceptance with my semi-openminded partner. I thank you too @Southport GP for making a hard job a lot easier. :)

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
I'll have to catch that on More4 when it goes on. I have my first appointment with the dietician this month - will have to see what they say. Either way, I've managed to lose 2½ stone since diagnosis (31 August) doing HFLC so I think I'd stick to this whatever they say. I have an underactive thyroid also and I recall from reading either Atkins or HFLC was best, so I don't think I'll be changing my eating habits in the near future. Only another 2½ stone to lose - still, if I keep going at the current rate (2 lbs a week), I should have the rest shifted by May. That would be so nice!! I feel a new wardrobe coming on!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I followed the link but the video won't play, is there somewhere else I can watch this?
Channel 4 does have a you tube channel but this programme isn't there at the moment. I don't think there will be a way of watching it outside the UK currently.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The best thing about the program was it's not directly aimed at diabetes or any other health problem other that overweight and healthy eating... :)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you @bulkbiker that link did work for me. It was only 5 minutes long so not the whole program but interesting anyways. I will look for the whole program at a later date, hopefully it will go up on youtube.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @bulkbiker that link did work for me. It was only 5 minutes long so not the whole program but interesting anyways. I will look for the whole program at a later date, hopefully it will go up on youtube.
If I see it I'll let you know.