Low carb sweet fat bomb

W

WithoutSugar

Hello!

Is there a low carb sweet fat bomb that I can carry with me eg in my car and it is ready to eat?

Thanks!

Reactions: Judlepip

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could try making something with gelatine, that would be a stabilising agent - perhaps make up a double sachet with only half a pint of water or less, and put the result into small cups - plastic disposable cups perhaps.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You could try something with cream cheese and nut flour with some sweetener . You would have to experiment. Anything with a coconut oil base will melt as brunneria has said.

Nidge247

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Packet of pork scratchings? Not really sweet, but very tasty and very filling!

Judlepip

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi. I'm doing well on low carbs (3 weeks now), but nearly came unstuck today, when I was longing for something sweet. I looked longingly at my Elderflower cordial, but having sized up the carbs decided not. Then I thought I'd add a spoonful of Xyltol to some water, but on checking it said it was low sugar, but high carb! so no to that also.

Is there a sweetish drink I can have that's low carb? (I don't drink the sugar-free stuff because of the aspartame.)

Help someone please!

PS What are fat bombs? (Without sugar's post above)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like mint and liquorice tea - in the summer I drink it chilled from the fridge and in the winter I drink it hot - there are mixes of the two teas available, but I get them separate and put one sachet of each in a small tea pot or several of each in a jug. I usually have a sweetener in ordinary tea, but with those I don't need it.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Sugar alcohols like xylitol and erythritol are reported on the label as carbohydrate but do not affect blood glucose and do not count as carbs on a low carb diet. You can buy sugar free drinks sweetened with splenda or stevia if you are worried about aspartame. Please be aware that xylitol is deadly poisonous to dogs if you have a fur friend in the house.

Fat bombs are low carb sweet or savory truffles that are very high, like up to 90%, fat. Most are made with coconut oil, butter, or cream cheese. There are thousands of recipes online if you google them.

Reactions: callyandy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't really experimented with fat bombs, and I think the meltiness would be an issue for me. My on-the-go snack items are:

Tiny Tupperware tub of pate, spoon (I've got a very small tub for filling at home from supplies in the fridge)
One of those mini Philadelphia tubs, spoon.
Awfully Posh Pork Scratchings (expensive, but less risk of tooth cracking than other brands in my very real agonising experience)
Mini Peperami (or full size, depending on hunger levels)
Mini Babybel or Cheestring
And my favourite..... a hardboiled egg, served with an individual sachet of FF Hellman's. Squirt, bite, squirt, bite, nom nom nom........

:)

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello!

Is there a low carb sweet fat bomb that I can carry with me eg in my car and it is ready to eat?

Thanks!
I make crackers out of flaxseed/pumpkin/sunflower on diabeticgoodbaking website. They are good to have with cheese or peanut butter or Philadelphia. You can make a chocolate truffle mix with cream and dark chocolate. They can be frozen and taken out now sand again.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I make chocolate hazelnut "fat bombs" with ground hazelnuts, Green & Blacks cocoa, butter and erythritol/stevia using either Sukrin Gold or Natvia " icing sugar". They haven't melted yet, but then I haven't actually taken them out and about in hot weather.

Robbity

D

Deleted member 308541

The OP has gone walkabout from the forum, you cannot click on his / her name to see his / her profile anymore. :meh:

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
The OP has gone walkabout from the forum, you cannot click on his / her name to see his / her profile anymore. :meh:

I believe admin have removed the OP from the site. I'm sure he can read all the previous advisory posts he's been given - of which there are many.:cool: