Update

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there
So an update for you all that were so ausom an supportive re my silly decision.
I couldn't get out the the car today
I physically couldn't get myself up
My legs went weird
So my grandson helped me
I was pretty scared actually
I felt quite drunk weird in the head my body was so weak
Anyway I rung dr who said ring ambulance
So I'm in hospital being fixed up
Get back on the road to recovery
I actually didn't think you could die from high sugars
Like I thought that was the ketone thing which thankfully I don't get still
Doctors have explained an made it very clear
So I'm going to try again to get this right an what I'm most afraid of is burning out again
What I noticed along this month with no insulin is that that isn't the plan to be off it like to death, but somewhere along the way you just forget to do it
An it's almost not ok to take insulin
Anyway I'm going to do my best
So my bs were 40. So that's hi apparently and my potassium was high sodium low
All being fixed so I'll be home tomorrow
I will have to get my head around how to go forward safely and not over trying to be the best diabetic out there but not being the worst either
It's amazing how I swing between the two
So all of my thanks to you all I really felt cared for and felt like I had an army behind me, how could I not be touched an pull it together
Thank you all x

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news!

Allow some time for your mind clear as your body is brought back into balance. Then you'll be able to make sensible decisions. But yes, you will work it out.

Hope you feel better quickly!

Reactions: nessa1970

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Glad you're ok Nessa.

We just want to support you and if that means helping you live a complication free life and staying out of hospital then that's our role.

I know running high can mess with your head, once you get back into range again it will help you think clearly, we all take our insulin and do what we need to do because ultimately none of us want complications it's really that simple. You need to talk about your feelings before it ever gets this bad again, and please look after yourself, your family needs you healthy and complication free, hope you feel better soon :)

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there
So an update for you all that were so ausom an supportive re my silly decision.
I couldn't get out the the car today
I physically couldn't get myself up
My legs went weird
So my grandson helped me
I was pretty scared actually
I felt quite drunk weird in the head my body was so weak
Anyway I rung dr who said ring ambulance
So I'm in hospital being fixed up
Get back on the road to recovery
I actually didn't think you could die from high sugars
Like I thought that was the ketone thing which thankfully I don't get still
Doctors have explained an made it very clear
So I'm going to try again to get this right an what I'm most afraid of is burning out again
What I noticed along this month with no insulin is that that isn't the plan to be off it like to death, but somewhere along the way you just forget to do it
An it's almost not ok to take insulin
Anyway I'm going to do my best
So my bs were 40. So that's hi apparently and my potassium was high sodium low
All being fixed so I'll be home tomorrow
I will have to get my head around how to go forward safely and not over trying to be the best diabetic out there but not being the worst either
It's amazing how I swing between the two
So all of my thanks to you all I really felt cared for and felt like I had an army behind me, how could I not be touched an pull it together
Thank you all x

I'm glad that you're getting this sorted out. I'm also glad they have admitted you to hospital as with BG that high, that is the best place for you.

Now it's down to you to stay on top of your T1. You have lots to live for with children and grandchildren who will miss you dearly if you weren't around.

Take care.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh @nessa1970 I'm so glad to hear that you're getting some treatment - that's terrific news. Thank you so much for the update - do do do keep talking.

Doing the best we can is the best thing we can all do. I was so glad to read that in your post just now. And we all have our moments, big time.

Take care, have a big hug, and I hope you're beginning to feel much better already. So glad you're getting help - hearing that has set me up for the day.

Champion!

And you can do this. We're here to listen. It's great that the doctors have been able to explain things. And do get the direct dial number of your DSN, and please take any further support that's offered.

Love Snapsy xxx

PS :happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: nessa1970 and db89

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never been so pleased to hear someone is in hospital! :)
Thank god for that!
I thought about you when I woke up this morning Nessa.
Sometimes we need a shock to put us on the straight and narrow, I hop you have some support post discharge?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Phew! I'm glad you're in hospital @nessa1970 You're getting the help you need to get your BS down and your body re-balanced,,and that's a huge relief.

You have many, many people here who care about you. We're a team and you're part of it. We know how hard it can be.

Take care and look after yourself. X

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you're ok Nessa.

We just want to support you and if that means helping you live a complication free life and staying out of hospital then that's our role.

I know running high can mess with your head, once you get back into range again it will help you think clearly, we all take our insulin and do what we need to do because ultimately none of us want complications it's really that simple. You need to talk about your feelings before it ever gets this bad again, and please look after yourself, your family needs you healthy and complication free, hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks
I can't wait to be feeling normal again
They have my bs down in there twenties so I feel bit clearer in my head enough to see how mad I was
So I imagine tomorrow I'll be way better an I'm going to get into life again
Xx

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh @nessa1970 I'm so glad to hear that you're getting some treatment - that's terrific news. Thank you so much for the update - do do do keep talking.

Doing the best we can is the best thing we can all do. I was so glad to read that in your post just now. And we all have our moments, big time.

Take care, have a big hug, and I hope you're beginning to feel much better already. So glad you're getting help - hearing that has set me up for the day.

Champion!

And you can do this. We're here to listen. It's great that the doctors have been able to explain things. And do get the direct dial number of your DSN, and please take any further support that's offered.

Love Snapsy xxx

PS :happy::happy::happy:

Thanx snapsy thanx a lot your posts are really cheery
I'm so glad an grateful to have the support
Truly grateful
So tomorrow I'm going to clean clean my home and catch up with people and take insulin and be happy injecting that medicine, prick prick an count count smile and be more appreciative
too you

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Phew! I'm glad you're in hospital @nessa1970 You're getting the help you need to get your BS down and your body re-balanced,,and that's a huge relief.

You have many, many people here who care about you. We're a team and you're part of it. We know how hard it can be.

Take care and look after yourself. X

Thank you so much

Reactions: azure

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never been so pleased to hear someone is in hospital! :)
Thank god for that!
I thought about you when I woke up this morning Nessa.
Sometimes we need a shock to put us on the straight and narrow, I hop you have some support post discharge?

Thank you for thinking of me
It means a lot in fact it's really incredible
I feel very very blessed
All of you have each helped me to get help
It's been amazing

Reactions: Claire007 and zand

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really good to hear that you are doing a bit better this morning @nessa1970 , and that you have got some help. I think it's easier when you're starting from some better numbers to begin with, rather than trying to correct and then dose on top of that.

We're all here for you Nessa! Hopefully this can be a fresh start for you, and your diabetes team will give you some support. Seconding @Snapsy s suggestion to contact your DSN, because she will be able to help you work out a strategy going forwards - it's what they are there for.

Sending you love and hugs, and hoping you start to feel a bit better :)

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you got straightened out in the hospital. Look at the bright side: you learned that you can't just quit taking insulin. None of can do that unfortunately. Look at it this way: it's not that painful, it's just a PIA, it's like having to clean the house, go food shopping, it's just something we're stuck having to do.

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So glad to hear your positivity, and glad you managed to get medical help safely. Take this as a warning! Let us know how you are getting on when you get home. Take care.
Lots of hugs! Thinking of you.

nessals946

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good to hear you're in hospital and getting your head together.There's a long life ahead of you and i hope you get to grips with everything.I know its a pain and you can talk to people on here who understand x