Sugar in veins?

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

I don't know if there is any connection here. But when I have been fasting for a few days, and then drink a coffee with milk or something like that, after about half an hour I can feel a tingling sensation in my lower left leg around the front and the calf. Does anyone think this is sugar being felt in the veins? Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G955F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I doubt it's sugar @Fuggs but it would be worth mentioning to your doctor just so it can be checked out.

Reactions: Sjkind

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you may be feeling sensations that you didn't feel for a while because of high glucose neuropathy?
Any ideas to resolve? I am now 5:2 fasting and really hard on carbs.
Will be doing 10 days water fast to clear out as much sugar as I can.
Interestingly my bg is only 6.8.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

I don't know if there is any connection here. But when I have been fasting for a few days, and then drink a coffee with milk or something like that, after about half an hour I can feel a tingling sensation in my lower left leg around the front and the calf. Does anyone think this is sugar being felt in the veins? Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G955F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
I don't think that veins have nerves in so I doubt you can feel any sugar in them. It's far more likely that the sensory nerves associated with the area are on the blink or starting to work again. Have you had numbness in the leg at all?