Almond Flour

marty_kuh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just a quick question
were do you guys buy Almond flour from seen it in places like Holland and Barret but only in 500g bags and not that cheap a tenner, was thinking somewhere on line must sell it in bigger and cheaper bags ??

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I get mine from Asda - 3 x 150g bags of Whitworth ground almonds for £3 (supposed to be a special offer - but I've bought them for that price since last November - maybe earlier).

Reactions: marty_kuh

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almond flour and ground almonds are slightly different products but I think I speak for most of us here that we use ground almonds as the flour - it does give a slightly grainier texture but I usually don't find that a problem:)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I did once buy some almond flour - off eBay I think - and I wasn't impressed with the quality or freshness. It was marginally finer than ground almonds - but more expensive and it took a while to use up the bag. If I want very fine almond flour (for pastry or cake) I just put the ground almonds in my liquidiser and zap until its as fine as I want it - but most cakes and Fat Head Pizza work well with the ground almonds.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
HI @marty_kuh - I make my own - I buy blanched almonds from Lidls and use a coffee grinder, works out much more economical in the long run :)

Reactions: dj65 and marty_kuh

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!