What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm ok at the moment,but tend to feel light headed when I drop to lower 4s.We are off to Devon tomorrow to visit son and family so hoping for some sun instead of this rain!
I fèel absolutly awful with anything below 6 an my consultant said 6 is fine for me im a type 1 my readings vary between the 6s to the tens i feel fine so im happy with that

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 today but expecting tomorrow to be bad

Am doing the NHS recommended diet for a few days to demonstrate to my GP that it's not going to result in good blood sugar control. Highs of 11mmol/l right now, higher than I've been since I started testing. I was planning on doing this all week (figured on the first day my pancreas would likely be freaking out about the sudden increase in carbs) but to be honest seeing these double figure numbers is giving me the jitters.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Am doing the NHS recommended diet for a few days to demonstrate to my GP that it's not going to result in good blood sugar control. Highs of 11mmol/l right now, higher than I've been since I started testing. I was planning on doing this all week (figured on the first day my pancreas would likely be freaking out about the sudden increase in carbs) but to be honest seeing these double figure numbers is giving me the jitters.

Hate to tell you but so it should , at least consistently high double figures

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yep, as expected. Hopefully this will make an impression on my GP who will then support me in trying a LCHF approach

Why go through your GP.? Generally that is a waste of time in my opinions. If you think LCHF is the way to go ( like I do ) then go for it amigo.

Reactions: Butterfly1960

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why go through your GP.? Generally that is a waste of time in my opinions. If you think LCHF is the way to go ( like I do ) then go for it amigo.

I've not been able to do it safely thus far - very much struggling to fit in enough protein (and calories in general). My appetite is completely shot so I can't rely on "eat when hungry" - on that method I'd probably only get around 700 a day. I am hoping for a referral to a dietician who can provide me with something a little more structured but I need to get my GP on board with it.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've not been able to do it safely thus far - very much struggling to fit in enough protein (and calories in general). My appetite is completely shot so I can't rely on "eat when hungry" - on that method I'd probably only get around 700 a day. I am hoping for a referral to a dietician who can provide me with something a little more structured but I need to get my GP on board with it.

Fair enough

Reactions: Butterfly1960

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
ooh! Hurricanes!! :nailbiting::(:eek:o_O we get some mighty gusts of 100+mph during some bad storms here in West Wales UK :wideyed::nailbiting::meh: where-abouts in the big wide world do you live? :watching::)
My FBG recently been in 6's and very happy to see the drop in BG levels :cat:

I'm in Jupiter, Florida. Find Florida, look for the lake, go east to the ocean, and there is Jupiter. Yes, hurricanes are terrible and scary. Odd thing is, Florida also gets more tornados than "tornado alley", and more lightening strikes than anywhere else in the world. A fun place to visit, but a scary place to live weather phenomena wise.

My FBG was 6.0 on my thumb. Was frustrated. Rechecked.
My FBG was 5.7 on my pinky.
So, what was my thumb eating last night and why didn't it share with my pinky?

mayoburt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The pineapple would raise your bs. Most tropical fruits have high sugar levels.

It was just one small piece. I think I am coming down with something not felt right all day and my nose feels bit blocked thats all I need hopefully better tomorrow. Readings not been under 10 all day

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I find that water-melon sends my BG sky high which is so sad as in pre-diabetes days I loved it. :((

D

Deleted member 308541

5.3 at 4:50 am, looks like we might get some rain outside it will lay the dust if it does.

Hope the luck was with you.
I hope so to Cally, one thing I do know it cannot go up as I am on maximum dosage of five tablets so it can only go down.

Here's a pix of the pathology shop at the private hospital down the road that I go to.

Qghrums.jpg

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I personally don't like to recommend or advise on diet, I'm not really qualified. All I would say is be safe. Please don't put yourself at risk....:wideyed:

Reactions: Cumberland

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 at 4:50 am, looks like we might get some rain outside it will lay the dust if it does.

I hope so to Cally, one thing I do know it cannot go up as I am on maximum dosage of five tablets so it can only go down.

Here's a pix of the pathology shop at the private hospital down the road that I go to.

Qghrums.jpg
Purple walls:joyful:

Reactions: philchap1

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm in Jupiter, Florida. Find Florida, look for the lake, go east to the ocean, and there is Jupiter. Yes, hurricanes are terrible and scary. Odd thing is, Florida also gets more tornados than "tornado alley", and more lightening strikes than anywhere else in the world. A fun place to visit, but a scary place to live weather phenomena wise.

Ah, right.... we both share the Atlantic Ocean view!! :D
Part of my street name is welsh for Atlantic - Werydd :cat: (pronounced wear-ith, hard 'th' like 'the ')
That's how we get such rough storms which are generated by the hurricanes/tornados that you suffer from in Florida :(
Hope the pinky and thumb agree on the next BG test!! :confused::wacky:

D

Diabeticliberty

Pe byddwn i wedi gwybod eich bod i gyd yn dod, byddwn wedi pobi siwgr cacen yn rhad ac am ddim. This morning I went to the seaside where I was approached by a big old donkey. I asked him if he would like some carrots? He replied neeeeeeeiiiiiggggghghhhhhhh lad but your waking blood sugars are 3.6mmols. It's Friday and the weekend starts right here, right now. I hope you all do good stuff.

Edit: sorry folks I almost forgot. Puppy walked and it's work again - NICE - I think Not!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: