Things have changed

karajaal

Since joining my T2 Diabetes has gone, My tests show 41. I'm on week 5 of the Newcastle diet with 18 days left to go.
Where should I be posting? I'm new to all of this. Should I return the diabetes tester?

Cheers

Karajaal

Reactions: 3lessed

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @karajaal,

Congratulations. Brilliant results for your hard work. It's time to celebrate.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, excellent. :)

However, please don't think diabetes has gone just yet, it is too soon. That would be a big mistake, and please keep testing. You need to maintain non-diabetic levels for a while before you can claim it has gone. The last thing you want is to relax and end up where you started. I do wish you luck, though.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Keep hold of your meter, you have to adjust once you come to the end of the ND and the meter will help.

Great job in lowering your numbers, well done!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on what you have achieved so far. :) Yes, keep posting, it encourages others. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fantastic work. Remember diabetes type2 is a marathon not a sprint!
I'd give yourself 3 consecutive excellent hba1c with no meds to feel assured, its gone. Just to be sure.
I think gps are recognising reversal but not cure.

Keep up the excellent work. :) :) :)

Reactions: Serena51

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Since joining my T2 Diabetes has gone, My tests show 41. I'm on week 5 of the Newcastle diet with 18 days left to go.
Where should I be posting? I'm new to all of this. Should I return the diabetes tester?

Cheers

Karajaal
One of my friends who was diagnosed with Type 2 did the same thing - I don't know if it was the Newcastle diet but whatever it was it was a low carb diet. The guy does a lot of running and has gone from a chubby middle age male to a fit middle age male - with no meds. Whether he will be able to maintain it remains to be seen but it has made a significant difference in his psychological disposition, his fitness along with a significant change in his life style - and to think that about 4 years ago he was diagnosed with Type 2 after his BGs were averaging in the 20s.
I don't know if all Type 2s can be treated this way and suddenly be off their meds but it sure is encouraging. Congratulations! Now if they can just find something to assist Type 1s off their meds - I suspect it will be quite some time before that happens but here's hoping.

Reactions: kokhongw

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Cheers

Karajaal

Well done! :D

I strongly suggest that you wait and see what happens once you return to 'normal' eating after you finish the Newcastle Diet. The shakes and the lower calories whilst on the diet mean that your body may act differently once the calories increase.

What way of eating are you transitioning onto when your Newcastle Diet is over?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Cheers

Karajaal
Hello @karajaal
Welcome to forum.
Your post is fine here in greetings and introductions. You might like to consider posting and or reading Low calorie diets forum.

It is good that you are having some success, with Newcastle diet, but please beware the difficult phase can be the transition period from very low calorie to a more varied diet. It is important to have a plan for that transition. Also to gradually reintroduce food, testing blood glucose and monitoring effects of different foods.

The end of the very low calorie phase is the beginning of the 'forever' eating regime.

Well done on your progress this far. Please keep reading and keep posting to keep us informed of your progress.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Cheers

Karajaal

well done .... I did experience the same after 6 month on 1000 calories a day and optained a Hb1Ac of 34 then 36 and then again ..34 .

but that doesn´t mean I am .. cured . ........ next time I think it will be much higher also showing i am in no way cured...
only 5 week with low blood glucose and a normal HbA1c does not mean one is really cured for good. unfortunately.

But I´ll congratulate you with your very fine results... just keep at it...

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Keep the tester, @karajaal . Whether you thinks its "gone" or not...you should still test from time to time and not get too complacent with diet. I hope that if you maintain your approach, you can keep it effectively in the "reversed" box where your hard work has pushed it.

ps. giving it back just puts it in an NHS bin !