What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning all, 6.9 at 08.10. Have been in a lot of pain the last couple of days. I struggle with the diet when I'm in pain, all I seem to want is comfort carbs! I'm resisting so far!! Hope you all have a great Sunday
Hi paula121s Your doing fine it's awful when your in lots of pain hopefully you will get some relief soon, Wishing you well take care ! K

Reactions: paula121s

Rie26

Type of diabetes
MODY
Good morning :) 5 today. Little bit higher than usual as went out for a meal last night and had a few drinks. I don't normally drink but was a friend's 30th. Sugar did go a little high though (13) but seeing as I had a pasta dish as well as a few drinks I thought it would of been worse. Have a good Sunday :)

paula121s

Good morning :) 5 today. Little bit higher than usual as went out for a meal last night and had a few drinks. I don't normally drink but was a friend's 30th. Sugar did go a little high though (13) but seeing as I had a pasta dish as well as a few drinks I thought it would of been worse. Have a good Sunday :)

5 sounds great after pasta and drinks, well done

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi heavyd BG for me today 5.8
Hope your keeping well lots of people not well in uk coughs colds and tummy bugs.
All in my family have been ill with the colds and followed by a chesty cough, but I think it's on it's way round again not feeling to bright myself again. I'll just stay in keep warm and have lots of hot drinks. Take care of yourself. K
Granny so sorry to hear about the cold and bugs. We have a lot of sun here and just a little bit cold in the night. So so sunny. Pls let everyone get well soon. Thanks

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi@karen8967
Same here my colds always settle on my chest after the initial sore throat,I end up with really bad chest infections. I've had pneumonia, bronchitis to name a few. So take good care of yourself, hope you enjoyed your night out with the girls and your not suffering too much!
i did thanks k.bit of a hangover but alls good readings a little high today but thats down to the little feast i had b4 bed couldnt help it i was starving :greedy: readings coming down as we speak . :joyful:

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Ymdawd
Hope your fully recovered from your recent illness( tummy bug) not seen you of late on thread so hope your keeping well?
Been busy with two of them in household with colds and coughs so I could have missed you. Do take care of yourself best Wishes K

Thanks for your concern. Tis much appreciated. Have fully recovered from the tummy bug or whatever it was. Was so bad that i stopped all my diabetic medication for a few days. Did not really affect BG all that much but then I was eating virtually nothing but fluids and loperamide. Am okay now but several kgs lighter so i guess that was the silver lining.?

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Someone recently was mentioning that doxycycline was lowering their blood sugar..?
Both my daughter and myself ( both pharmacists )have been searching our resources and cannot find anything to support this belief.
What we think may be the culprit is that this antibiotic is frequently given together with prednisolne which will affect BG levels

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for your concern. Tis much appreciated. Have fully recovered from the tummy bug or whatever it was. Was so bad that i stopped all my diabetic medication for a few days. Did not really affect BG all that much but then I was eating virtually nothing but fluids and loperamide. Am okay now but several kgs lighter so i guess that was the silver lining.?
Hin@Ymdawd But what a way to lose those pounds, I'm sure you wouldn't want to repeat it, but very glad you now over it all!
Noted in your next post someone saying Doxycycline is lowering BG level, don't really agree with this, mine has reduced but through some changes in diet less protein more veg.lot less carbs. Wouldn't know about taken with prednisolne only on Doxycycline.K BG this morning was 5.8

Last edited:
Reactions: heavyd and ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just tested BG after evening before meal 6.1 though nothing to eat since lunch around 11 am only drinks
2 hours after meal 9.6
Salmon cauliflower cheese sweet potato chips, been busy with Christmas tree 4 hours putting it together and decorating it so I just threw together what was easier, not been feeling A1 today sore throats and cough. K

samebora32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
Just been diagnosed Type 2 May this year...im still struggling at the moment especially with the diet..dont get enough sleep aswell...anyone can advice where to start?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone
Just been diagnosed Type 2 May this year...im still struggling at the moment especially with the diet..dont get enough sleep aswell...anyone can advice where to start?
Hi @samebora32 I will tag @daisy1 for you she will send you the information for newbies you will find it both helpful and informative,lots of good advice from people on here you will soon get the hang of things. Good Luck K

Reactions: karen8967

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just tested BG after evening before meal 6.1 though nothing to eat since lunch around 11 am only drinks
2 hours after meal 9.6
Salmon cauliflower cheese sweet potato chips, been busy with Christmas tree 4 hours putting it together and decorating it so I just threw together what was easier, not been feeling A1 today sore throats and cough. K

Look after yourself. There’s a lot of nasties about.
Time to go and have my session on my SAD lamp. It may be a placebo effect re the lack of proper day light but I feel it helps me. This is the only thing I agree with my GP - that the lack of daylight is a major factor in causing depression.

Pb*

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Reactions: Ymdawd