Harry Potter film

jaykay

Watched this yesterday ( part 1 of the Deathly Hallows ) and thought it was good although difficult to watch without the uplift of the second part of the book but I guess I can wait until July :lol: . What I wanted to say was that I was most impressed with the audience. We had an extended family and friends in the row behind us all shouting along to each other during the adverts and a cinema full of youngish children and I really thought "Oh oh, this is not going to go well". I thought the kids would get fidgety and noisy and the people behind us would keep on yacking but the whole audience was as good as gold. It was a difficult film for young 'uns especially at the beginning being very slow paced but everyone seemed to be enthralled.
Just thought I'd say something positive on a cold and miserable day by the east coast. Brrrrrrr.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Seen the first two when my kids were younger, but once they hit their teens they grew out of Harry Potter. In all honesty I wouldn't mind catching up with the films sometime as I think JK has a fantastic imagination to come up with books like the HP series.

Nigel

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Me thinx I'll wait until 1+2 are out on DVD and my one of my g'children lends it to me :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hobs said:
Me thinx I'll wait until 1+2 are out on DVD and my one of my g'children lends it to me :D

Skinflint! :wink:

Nigel :lol:

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
noblehead said:
Skinflint! :wink:

Nigel :lol:

Yep, that is my middle name! :D

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,
Hobs said:

Me too. :)
Not tight, just carefull :lol:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I'm not a Harry Potter fan except for the first one. I find the others are almost the same as the first one...

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
The "Tales of Beadle the Bard" bit was superb!
Naturally enough a lot of detail from the book was left out. Part 8 is set to be mainly a HUGE battle.
Hana