Bad day? Bloods = Yoyo!

Devitt81

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Just looking for a little advise from you knowledgeable bunch ;)

Background -
Diagnosed as LADA in August. Metformin and gliclazide brought my blood sugar right down over 4 months. I am now only on Metformin as gliclazide was pulling my sugars under 4 quite often. No need for insulin as the tablets are working well for now.

So my sugars are spiking today. one minute around 5 and the around 11, this was after a slice of wholemeal toast (small) and a poached egg. Normally it would only go up by maybe 1 if I normally ate that, but not today - its from one extreme to anther. I didn't sleep well last night so i don't know if that is the cause? Just wondering if anyone else has bad days where it cant be controlled well?

Thanks in advance.

Lisa xx

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am on insulin but most definitely yes........there are days like that.....I am having one today as well....

dosed up for lunch, 20 minutes before eating at 12:00pm.......was a tad high before eating, 8.2, then at 14:30pn, up in the 20s.....not happy....

just cant pin point what it was.......was the fruit I had riper than normal.....who knows......likely just one of those days, tired or stressed out which in turn could result in a release of several hormones that work against our BG management....

Devitt81

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am on insulin but most definitely yes........there are days like that.....I am having one today as well....

dosed up for lunch, 20 minutes before eating at 12:00pm.......was a tad high before eating, 8.2, then at 14:30pn, up in the 20s.....not happy....

just cant pin point what it was.......was the fruit I had riper than normal.....who knows......likely just one of those days, tired or stressed out which in turn could result in a release of several hormones that work against our BG management....

Thanks for your reply, i think tonight i am gong to have an early night! Be gone with this day!! :mad: x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, my diabetes seems to live a life of it's own, and their life is just as unruly as mine. My DN complains I test or check my Libre way too often, but hey, that makes it possible for diabetes and me to live our lives together, unruly and all, and still get a good hba1c. Of course, with insulin, I have more possibilities to put diabetes in its place than you do. Sleep well, and tomorrow is a whole new day!

oldsle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm T2, and I'm on Meformin and low dose of Lantus. I've had insomnia the last few months, and it's really done a number on my numbers. So yes, lack of sleep can really have an impact.

Reactions: bren1antoh

Caz_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Reading this i just know what's coming. Diagnosed type 2 two pkus years ago, but last 6 weeks or so constantly high readings despite very few carbs. Put on Metformin and then Gliclazide added which has pulled bg down. Still high first thing (fasting) around 12 - 14 but take the tabs at brekky and 2 hours later down to around 7. Best ring for the blood test result although the Gliclazide appears to have done the trick. X