Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Screenshot_20180201-111301.png

Just had my routine Blood Test and come back with these results....

Where anti going wrong and how can I rectify these to a more safe level?!?!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Sean, what is it your concerned about? If its the liver profile your levels are raised but not outragously and while they should be looked into are not worth stressing about.

Are you overweight? High levels of Gamma GT or GTT can be associated with obesity and its thought that elevated GGT levels are a marker for visceral fat. Visceral fat is the fat that cant be seen and is around our vital organs and is a major cause of insulin resistance, dieting (weight loss) will reduce visceral fat and help to reduce your BG levels and therefore your HbA1c at the same time.

Talk to your doctor about your results and if you havent already look at reducing your calorie intake especially the carbs in your diet.

Reactions: Sean-W

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your elevated ALT and Gamma GT levels are markers for a fatty liver.
A low carb diet, hardly any fruit, and no alcohol will help with this.

Your HbA1c is also very high.
A low carb diet will also help with this.

It looks like it is time to change what you are eating!

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like you are eating more carbs than your body can tolerate.
Are you on any medication ?
Can you give us an idea of what you normally eat and we might be able to spot the culprits.

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Hi Sean, what is it your concerned about? If its the liver profile your levels are raised but not outragously and while they should be looked into are not worth stressing about.

Are you overweight? High levels of Gamma GT or GTT can be associated with obesity and its thought that elevated GGT levels are a marker for visceral fat. Visceral fat is the fat that cant be seen and is around our vital organs and is a major cause of insulin resistance, dieting (weight loss) will reduce visceral fat and help to reduce your BG levels and therefore your HbA1c at the same time.

Talk to your doctor about your results and if you havent already look at reducing your calorie intake especially the carbs in your diet.
Yes I'm honest enough to admit I'm around 130-135kg so I'm severely obese I've always struggled to combat weight loss but csnt seem to find a balance between healthy eating, exercising and working I think that's my biggest hurdle

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Can you give us an idea of what you normally eat and we might be able to spot the culprits.
A lot of meat so chicken, sausage, pork, lamb. I'm bad for cheese too and chocolate and crisps

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
A lot of meat so chicken, sausage, pork, lamb. I'm bad for cheese too and chocolate and crisps
Also I take glaucophage 1000mg twice a day, 4 x 40mg gliclazide a day plus just had my Simvostatin dropped to 20mg at night. Aside from thst Nitrazepam for anxiety and sleep issues

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All meats and fish are ok as long as they aren't cooked in batter or breadcrumbs. High meat content sausages are ok too. Crisps are high carb so that won't be helping. Bread, pasta. rice, sugar and potatoes are the problem for us.
I notice you are on glicazide. If you cut your carbs a lot you will need to check your Bg levels frequently, as low carb is so effective you could hypo.

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
A lot of potato, red meat, crisps, it's down to my workimg pattern I think... quick and easy seems to be my go to

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
All meats and fish are ok as long as they aren't cooked in batter or breadcrumbs. High meat content sausages are ok too. Crisps are high carb so that won't be helping. Bread, pasta. rice, sugar and potatoes are the problem for us.
I notice you are on glicazide. If you cut your carbs a lot you will need to check your Bg levels frequently, as low carb is so effective you could hypo.
I've just posted about this as I'm worried about crashing to a hypo

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would replace the crisps with pork scratchings or nuts.
Potato raises Bg in most of us. Do you have a meter ? Test before eating and two hours after to see if it raises you by more than two points.
Lidl protein rolls are very filling and quite low carb. Lots of us can tolerate those.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just posted about this as I'm worried about crashing to a hypo
It's not that immediate ! don't panic. If you have a meter just keep an eye on it. Lots of people have been able to reduce the dose of Glicazide.. on GP's advice.. and even come off it

Sean-W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
It's not that immediate ! don't panic. If you have a meter just keep an eye on it. Lots of people have been able to reduce the dose of Glicazide.. on GP's advice.. and even come off it
I know it's not an immediate thing. It's more to have a reference to fall back on should I need it

Reactions: daisyduck

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A lot of potato, red meat, crisps, it's down to my workimg pattern I think... quick and easy seems to be my go to

Nothing wrong with red meat. Proper meat and fish will not raise your levels or do further damage to your liver.. Potatoes, crisps and the rest of the stuff you are eating will. If you are serious about making yourself healthy, you are going to have to make some plans, change you way of thinking, and stick to a low carb diet. "Quick and easy" is perfectly doable with low carb.