AgaMatrix Ultra-thin lancets

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hello folks. Just wondering what the difference is between 33 Guage and 28 Guage in the above lancets. I have been using 33 Guage with my lancing device but just noticed that my latest prescription box says 28 Guage . Will they fit my device or do I need to change them before opening the box? Thanks.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It probably will fit ok as it’s the gauge of the sharp bit but if in doubt check the manufacturers website to see if they are compatible.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It probably will fit ok as it’s the gauge of the sharp bit but if in doubt check the manufacturers website to see if they are compatible.
Thanks for your reply Ann 1982. I have just called the local pharmacy that issued them and they said they will fit my lancet device. Apparently the 33 gauge are sometimes difficult to get hold of but the difference is minute so it's OK to use them. Hope this info will be useful to others. Thanks again for taking the trouble.:)

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Yes, they will definitely fit. I use Agamatrix meter, came with lancets so used them up. Surgery prescribes 33G. I didn't use them for long - went back to my preferred Fastclix. I confess I found them quite awkward to assemble/disassemble, probably because I have a noticeable tremor.
My insulin needles are 31G. In medicine, just in case you haven't come across it yet, needles of all types are measured **G. the smaller the number the wider the needle is. And the length is always with the gauge.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the 28g needles are slightly Longer than the 33g G. Struma says the smaller the number the wider the needle is. I am confused I thought the smaller the number the finer the Point less painful . I use Novofine 0.3 x 8mm here in thailnd not sure what that is when translated

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, they will definitely fit. I use Agamatrix meter, came with lancets so used them up. Surgery prescribes 33G. I didn't use them for long - went back to my preferred Fastclix. I confess I found them quite awkward to assemble/disassemble, probably because I have a noticeable tremor.
My insulin needles are 31G. In medicine, just in case you haven't come across it yet, needles of all types are measured **G. the smaller the number the wider the needle is. And the length is always with the gauge.
Thank you for your reply and your useful information, Struma. Apparently there is very little difference according to my local pharmacist. :)

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think the 28g needles are slightly Longer than the 33g G. Struma says the smaller the number the wider the needle is. I am confused I thought the smaller the number the finer the Point less painful . I use Novofine 0.3 x 8mm here in thailnd not sure what that is when translated
Thank you for replying, bangkokdiabetic. I rang the pharmacist who dispensed them and he said that they would be OK to use as there is very little difference between the 2. :)