Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
0FD67850-1440-4FA0-AD0B-7633DF1D6853.jpeg

Reactions: AWilliams55

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I eat a lot of flax, mainly in crackers. Didn't know about keeping it in the fridge. Its just kept on the shelf in the supermarket, so I suppose it must be spoiled already.
Don't know if it helps with the t2d, but its low carb and tasty!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat a lot of ground flaxseed. Once the packet is opened I keep it in the fridge. It says to do this on the packet.
I eat it for the omega 3 it contains/

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Fun fact:
"Flaxseed is what's used to feed all those chickens that are laying eggs with higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids."
"Preliminary research also suggests that daily intake of the lignans in flaxseed may modestly improve blood sugar (as measured by hemoglobin A1c blood tests in adults with type 2 diabetes)."
"Buy it ground or grind it yourself. Flaxseed, when eaten whole, is more likely to pass through the intestinal tract undigested"
(WebMD)
https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/benefits-of-flaxseed

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetit1802

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eating them whole is a useless because it just passes through the digestive track.undigested
I always grind them up with the coffee. Grinder and keep them in the fridge
Mix it with nuts,home made yogurt and berries.for breakfast.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Beagler

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, quite agree Pura Vida, they keep pretty well if whole, and very briefly once ground! I like them as a very low carb addition to my non-cereal breakfast food, I just grind enough to make a batch that lasts a week.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, quite agree Pura Vida, they keep pretty well if whole, and very briefly once ground! I like them as a very low carb addition to my non-cereal breakfast food, I just grind enough to make a batch that lasts a week.
I bought a 1kg bag of ground flaxseed last week and it has a use by date in a years time - I hope it lasts longer than a week!

Reactions: Speedbird

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a 1kg bag of ground flaxseed last week and it has a use by date in a years time - I hope it lasts longer than a week!

Stick it in the fridge and it lasts a long time, or at least mine does.