I finally got my Hba1C down!!!

KimSuzanne

I know it may not sound great but I went from 12.3 to 9.6, cholesterol went from 4.6 to 4.3 as well in 3 months and I did it all by myself, thats first time its been below 10 in almost 13 years. I've started carb counting done my own research and have been having great results so far!
Went to see the diavetic consultant in December who told me that I was nothing special and would have to wait 18 months to get on the course so I tauht myself! My consultants and DSN have not been great for a long time.
I know it doesn't seem like much to most people but I'm chuffed!

Kim

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Well done Kim, keep it up. That is excellent progress in such a short time.

scoots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's fabulous Kim, really well done!

BTW - don't ever let any doctor think you're nothing special, it's just not true... :wink:

Jen x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Kim,

It's certainly a step in the right direction and hopefully in time you will reduce your hba1c further, keep the carb counting up and hopefully you'll get enrolled on a course sooner than 18 months.

Nigel

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Well done Kim.
Great progress in a short time. You are doing well and I am sure the future is looking good. :)

Attachments

• claps.gif
    claps.gif
    3 KB · Views: 1,270

sugar2

Kim,

That is absolutely brilliant...don't let anyone tell you it isn'!

To improve like that, with no help...after being diabetic for quite a while takes real strength...you have every right to be proud. Onwards and er,, downwards?!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
KimSuzanne said:
Went to see the diavetic consultant in December who told me that I was nothing special and would have to wait 18 months to get on the course so I tauht myself!

Right on! The information is all there on t'interweb - I'm sure teaching yourself wasn't your first preference, but it IS the best way (in my oninion) as it encourages you to take responsibility for your own learning.

Coming away from a course you've attended where you didn't pick up a great deal of useful info, it is too easy to blame the course. By taking responsibility for gaining the knowledge yourself, you are much more motivated to see it through to completion.

You can always attend the course when they (finally...) book you onto it. But at that point, it will be supplimentary knowledge to what you have already learned. You may even be the most informed person (incl. the people TEACHING the course!) in the room.

Well done!

KimSuzanne

Thank you all for your words of encouragement its nice to get them from people who understand. Patch I completely agree I've been teaching myself things for many years and generally know more than the doctors who run the clinics - ;ast time he kept telling me I was a type 2 I got rather annoyed.
I'm getting there with the carb counting somedays are better than others but I think thats more to do with the insulins than anything, I have Humulin I as my base insulin and thats known for causing daytime hyops I just can't find one thats better - Lantus and Levemir didn't agree with me. Onwards we go!!