Rude comments

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm Type 1 we are much sweeter than type 2

My urine is though no longer as sweet as it used to be back in the 70ties.
But then again. Nothing really is.

Post edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Several posts have been edited on this thread for comments that were likely to create ‘us and them’ bickering.
Any further such comments will be deleted and sanctions may be applied to the posters.

Please, let us all remember that while people are sometimes rude, that is no reason to retaliate by being rude back to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: james11

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite astonished, met someone new to to my craft group today and she heard a friend ask me how my "Diabetes was going!"

I laughed and said it hadn't "gone" far enough when this woman asked me if I had T1 .....the "serious Diabetes, or T2, the self inflicted not so bad Diabetes!

First time for ages I have been lost for words lol!

This type of thing, sadly, happens in other areas. I often get told that my Aspergers isn't 'proper autism', or that I use it as an excuse for bad manners. Now they have a second reason for their idiocy. :(

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This type of thing, sadly, happens in other areas. I often get told that my Aspergers isn't 'proper autism', or that I use it as an excuse for bad manners. Now they have a second reason for their idiocy. :(
I have Asperger’s too, and have been told off for using that term as it discriminates against people with “proper” autism as I’m apparently setting myself above them. You just can’t win sometimes.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have Asperger’s too, and have been told off for using that term as it discriminates against people with “proper” autism as I’m apparently setting myself above them. You just can’t win sometimes.
The older you get, the more people you ignore; unless they really do have something to say.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I've even had someone ask me if I have the diabetes where i have to inject insulin or take sugar? sometimes it's just best to walk away.

equipoise

Well, you could say that the real health crisis in this country is self-inflicted brain rot among non-diabetics brought on by thoughtless over- indulgence in the Daily Mail...

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, you could say that the real health crisis in this country is self-inflicted brain rot among non-diabetics brought on by thoughtless over- indulgence in the Daily Mail...
The Daily Hate Mail has a lot to answer for - it manufactures outrage just to sell newspapers. I wish it would stick to the campains it has on issues like justice for the Hillsborough victims and other issues; instead of stirring up hatred and division.

james11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The Daily Hate Mail has a lot to answer for - it manufactures outrage just to sell newspapers. I wish it would stick to the campains it has on issues like justice for the Hillsborough victims and other issues; instead of stirring up hatred and division.
Do people still buy newspapers....lol...i havent for about 15yrs...