Advice needed

George99 2

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am forty years old and a bit worried about my health as I don’t live a healthy life. My brother has a serious health problem that alerted me and made me think that I am not invisible anymore.

So I decided to go and have a full check-up. Currently I live in London but since I have been here only a couple of months I don’t know any clinics. From what I understood by talking to some friends there aren’t many hopes to have such a test soon through NHS. Can anyone recommend any good and reasonably priced clinics in Central London?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @George99 2 - Is there anything in particular which is concerning you regarding your health ?

The best course of action is to book an appointment with your GP, have a look here for your local practice: https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/GP/LocationSearch/4 until you see a GP you wont know what tests/timescales will be involved but it's a good starting point.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The phrases "Reasonably priced" and "Private sector healthcare" don't go together too well. It really does depend on what you're looking for, as @Juicyj says. If you have a specific concern about a particular condition, then I'd go to your GP who can provide a diagnosis and then arrange for appropriate treatment. If you just want a general medical check-up, I'd suggest going to one of the big private healthcare companies, like BUPA. I'm not particularly recommending them, but a starting point might be here (Mods: this is not a plug for a commercial service, just a suggestion for a way of finding out what sort of things are available). It won't be cheap, but they have significant buying power which must, I imagine, help to keep their overheads and their charges down.

If you are diabetic (your profile doesn't make it clear) you should already be getting checked for stuff like blood pressure, kidney and liver function, cholesterol levels and so forth?

Reactions: Juicyj

George99 2

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much guys, I will have a look on your suggestions.
Actually I think about a general check-up to be sure that everything is ok with me.
No i don't have diabetes but a person really close to me has, that's why i joined here, to get more information
Thank you again

Reactions: jay hay-char