What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Now 2 hrs since fbg taken and 30 mins moderate exercise on board 4.9. One swallow does not make a summer but very encouraging signs that I may be able to deal with IF's morning kick in the whatsits. @DJC3 hope you have such good impact but nurse that leg. @alf_Josiah I think it is all personal as regards how low you can go and still function fine. The fasting numbers for most of us came down to the 3s and all was well but others maybe wouldn't thrive there.

Thanks for the reply, yes I agree it personal. Now what does a person at 3 have left in reserve for sudden emergencies I wonder. We are moving orf topic so have a good day and bring a smile to a stranger's face. That's a challenge .

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning number crunchers. There are some magical ones this morning, love everyone's 5s and would like to know how my Madam can join your gang. Is the membership expensive?
Madam's 6.2 is pooh!

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning and my first day on shift.

Will be fasting 12 hrs each day for 4 days. Plan is to have 2 eggs and avocado for breakfast, and a small amount of meat/fish for tea. I have psyllium husk and a multivit as support. See how it flies.

Enjoy the day (not the weather) :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 31 mins cycle for 10.5 kms completed in lowest gear. Took HR up to 78% so will see if that cures IF rise at breakfast place. Feels good to get back to basics but we shall see.

Thanks for posting @ianpspurs. It spurred me on to get out of bed!

6.5 fbg earlier today seems par for the course atm

Trailing in your wake I did 21mins in 3rd gear: 6km keeping around 70% hr

Now off to have breakfast and so hopefully wont spend all day in the 7s like I did yesterday when fasting.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting @ianpspurs. It spurred me on to get out of bed! Now off to have breakfast and so hopefully wont spend all day in the 7s like I did yesterday when fasting.
@DJC3 Everyone is different so you may well not react to fasting as others do. It also occurs to me that length of time at this is important. I have had almost 3 years and have plenty of data and love the comments function on spreadsheets so have a good idea what I did and ate to produce the numbers. Plenty of articles I have read suggest exercise in a fasted state is very effective. Above all, hark back to your regime before dx and compare to this morning!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sounds like a very cheesy chat up line @alf_Josiah but you are near Brum - am I right? As you were:angelic:

No cheesy chat up line, Tilehurst near Reading Berkshire. Q.E. hospital is the controlling one, that is responsible for me being alive. Carry the donor card and inform your relatives. Now get out there and make a stranger smile hehehehe.

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No cheesy chat up line, Tilehurst near Reading Berkshire. Q.E. hospital is the controlling one, that is responsible for me being alive. Carry the donor card and inform your relatives. Now get out there and make a stranger smile hehehehe.

I will go forth with the quest to make stranger smile, however, for armour, I will carry a copy of this thread with me for protection, in case the stranger in question decides to slap me - one cannot be too careful these days!:)