rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Ok I was diagnosed T2 - 17 Feb 2018
HBA1C- 50 (so just in the Diabetic range by 2 points)

I put up my first post on here on the 19/2/18 ..... with the following comment...Im not happy doing the usual tablets/diet regime. I want to cut out carbs completely and try and reverse this as much as can be achieved through food. Has anyone else been successful at this?

One person stood out in his answer with the following reply..........
Yep followed your plan now have HbA1c's in the high 20's.
Take control of your own health and feel so much better for it.
I did what you want to do and cut out as many carbs as I could.. not quite zero as even my double cream has a few carbs and you'll have to pry that out of my cold dead hand...

That answer stuck with me. It was forthright and confident. I knew I was going to get on with this guy.

I visited the DN and the visit was not a success in fact it was s**t. I was sitting talking to someone who was trying to murder me slowly lol.

So I went on a LCHF diet on the 22 Feb 2018.... with the following stats:

HBA1C . 50
Weight 15st 2
BMi 30.4

Waist Line 38/40 inches

So I will cut to the chase now.... my stats as of today are....... (drum Roll)

HBA1C . 34
Weight . 11st 12
BMi . 23.3
Waist Line 32 inches

I feel a lot better than I did 3 months go.

The guy who I want to thank personally, the man who stated Take control of your own health and feel so much better for it. is ............@bulkbiker

My friend I thank you! I stalked you for ages read your posts and you even replied to a few Pms. Your a star.

To everyone else even the ones I have upset I thank you also.

PS can the MODS cut me some slack just over this weekend :)

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Fantastic set of stats! Well done! I knew it was @bulkbiker you were quoting as soon as he mentioned his penchant for double cream! :joyful:
I must also thank @Rachox .... another person who has helped me. As peoples names appear I will add them to my list. I would add the blue ADONIS bars are much more filling and just as nice. I had 4 2 nights ago...... if I slide back to lumpy sugar blood... Rachox its your fault!!!!!!!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Oh Yes another helper.... @Bluetit1802. You need added to be the list of people who had the most effect on me. Another angel who was kind enough to answer me when I needed straight talk with no B******t.

Thank you
:dummy:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must also thank @Rachox .... another person who has helped me. As peoples names appear I will add them to my list. I would add the blue ADONIS bars are much more filling and just as nice. I had 4 2 nights ago...... if I slide back to lumpy sugar blood... Rachox its your fault!!!!!!!

Thank you for your kind words! Though I must say, I didn’t suggest eating four Adonis bars in one sitting! You do know that polyols, the type of sweetener in Adonis bars, eaten in excess may have a laxative effect?! ;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Straight talking? It's a northern attribute! Your list of helpers will get longer, but at the end of the day it was you that did all the hard work ..... But now the work continues and gets harder!!! :arghh:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Astonishing numbers and results. You must have had people you know walk past you due to non recognition. I am inspired, that you were inspired and I agree "The Bulk" is a good fella.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A huge well done, @rab5 . Those are fab results. Your physically visible chnages must be pretty astonishing too. Whatm sort of feedback have you had from other on that?

Yes, very, very well done from me.

Reactions: Freema and rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
A huge well done, @rab5 . Those are fab results. Your physically visible chnages must be pretty astonishing too. Whatm sort of feedback have you had from other on that?

Yes, very, very well done from me.

No feedback. My DN has went awol. I had to ring the surgery to get my result on the phone

Reactions: Freema

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Her indoors thinks I’m losing too much weight. The guys I work with are all divers and very fit. They call me you fat skinny b*****d.

However my wife daughter son in law brother and his wife are all on the keto diet

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Her indoors thinks I’m losing too much weight. The guys I work with are all divers and very fit. They call me you fat skinny b*****d.

However my wife daughter son in law brother and his wife are all on the keto diet
It can take folks a while to get used to the changes, and people can get worried about rapid weight loss, because that's not always for healthy reasons, so sometimes we need to cut them some slack when they raise their concerns.

Good for you for converting the rellies to your way of eating. Are they trimming up to, as a result, and do they want to trim up? If they don't want to trim up, it can take a little while to get the combos right.

Reactions: Freema and rab5