Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
2vn44g1.jpg

D

Deleted member 308541

Single malt whisky everytime.
My favourite as well as well, I like most of the Glen's but have developed a taste for Laphroaig in the last couple of years.

I drink XXXX Gold low carb beer as well.

Edit: Forgot the Merlot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: luv2spin

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A very small drop of lemonade (barely covers the bottom of a soft drink glass), a generous drink of beerenburg (a Dutch spirit. Believe me, you won't like it), rest of the glass water. The little bit of lemonade seems to keep my sugars stable. I can drink a lot of this without going high or low. Don't try this at home.
Alternatively I drink the beerenburg pure and have something to eat. I like a fine whisky better but I like a cheap drink as well :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nespresso coffee and double cream :hungry:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Red wine accompanied by a decaff coffee with double cream.

Before diabetes, in addition to the red wine, I loved a Honey Rum. I have a very small one at Christmas.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @luv2spin ,

Are you looking for an LC alternative to a favourite tipple? Or a totally different alternative?

I'm more a voddy & D Coke kind of guy...

A very small drop of lemonade (barely covers the bottom of a soft drink glass), a generous drink of beerenburg (a Dutch spirit. Believe me, you won't like it), rest of the glass water. The little bit of lemonade seems to keep my sugars stable. I can drink a lot of this without going high or low. Don't try this at home.
Alternatively I drink the beerenburg pure and have something to eat. I like a fine whisky better but I like a cheap drink as well :)

Antje, I'd give some of that beerenburg a go... :D Your right! I won't try this at home. Just next time I visit your country... ;)

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was reading a book that said even though sweetners don't raise blood glucose they still cause a lot of insulin, and therefore they were no better than sugar, so that leaves me with water!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the DESMOND course I attended they recommended gin and slimline tonic, possibly the main piece of information that most people took away with them.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
My favourite as well as well, I like most of the Glen's but have developed a taste for Laphroaig in the last couple of years.

I drink XXXX Gold low carb beer as well.

Edit: Forgot the Merlot.
I have similar tastes, don't like them too peaty.
Currently drinking Jura Origin.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was reading a book that said even though sweetners don't raise blood glucose they still cause a lot of insulin, and therefore they were no better than sugar, so that leaves me with water!

With the insulin using types. The issue is the alcohol keeping the liver busy & stunting liver dump, if on course for a low? BS can drop faster than if in sobriety. Along with the effects of alchahol "masking" the symptoms..

Sorry. Had to say that. (Health & safety.) :)

Reactions: urbanracer