Who's going to have a pancake tomorrow...?

zhaith

hmmm not had pancakes for years and now my mouth is watering........hmm 24 hour supermarket is tempting me :)

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had one in the end (someone else was cooking them and offered me one), with rasins and maple syrup on, it was nice but I can't see myself ever bothering to make them, so there's no risk of me eating too many!

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
I hade 3 warm Canadian maple pancakes with no1 extra light fine maple syrup I brought from Canada with ice cream was totally awesome 8)

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many thanks for all your varied (and indeed,honest) replies on this thread...
I wasn't sure what to expect when mentioning pancakes on a Forum like this. :roll:

It's good to see that, even when an illness such as Diabetes affects so many people in different ways, a day comes along where we are able to 'cast off' some of our usual day-to-day health concerns and 'let go', just a little...

I hope that you all enjoyed the little bit of luxury that today brought... :wink:

For those who resisted the temptation of consuming a product that was 'risky', then well done to you also! :D

Regards,
Malc.

I forgot to mention that I had a total of 3 small,very thin pancakes this evening, with a sprinkling of splenda /lemon juice.
My Bg reading at 11pm tonight was 7.9 Could have been worse, considering that I had some fish & a few chips at lunch-time...

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Sue o2 said:
I read somewhere that you can replace the flour with ground almonds and replace the milk with sparkling water, i may give it a try :D

Sue

Tried them :wink: was more like an omelette, but at least i tried :lol:

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Chocolate inside ~drool~
American style fluffy pancakes, with a few chunks of dark chocolate in. Absolutely gorgeous.

Made soe with raisins, dried appl and cinnamon for my daughter. She absolutely loved them.
We had some for breakfast too haha.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
How do yo umake fluffy pancakes? Just add bicarb to the mix, is it?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well I had my 2 pancakes and I am still here today! :D

Nigel

TheSparkyPony

I had a lovely stack (4) of pancakes last night :D Managed to get half way through and promptly felt rather sick!!
Might have over injected a tad as I injected for all 4 rather than waiting to see what I could manage and as a result ended up hypoing, never mind!

Never looking at another pancake for another year now, ugh! x

Celtic.Piskie

Dislikes
Whole-wheat past and rice, tastes horrible. Cats, spiders, and people who think nick jonas is a musician.
Pretty much. THe BBC has a recipe for american pancakes... i just swap out the sugar for sweetener, and use self raising and baking powder. Really thick batter, and absolutely gorgeous pancakes.
They cook perfectly on a hot plate.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My best breakfast is pancakes with a little nutella spread and rolled up with fresh kiwi, strawberries on the side and used to be banana, but had to change the banana for something without quite a high giving blood level.

If I have a low carb meal such as chicken, sugar snaps, asparagus and brocolli and leeks , there is nothing like a pancake and a bit of fruit for carbs!!!!! To me its heaven!!!!!