Latest Hba1c

Kaity Thorpe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got last weeks blood results today. Mixed news. On diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes in January, my HbA1C was 103 and cholesterol 5.8. Three months later, after following intermittent fasting and LCHF, HbA1C was 51 and cholesterol 5.9. Today another three months on and six months since diagnosis, HbA1C is 41 and I’m over the moon. But cholesterol for some reason is up to 7. Ok so I’m having more fats from nuts, full fat milk and cream, cheese, Greek yoghurts and oily fish. But I’m getting non of the unhealthy fats from processed meals, pastries, cakes, biscuits etc and I don’t eat meat. At the moment I don’t know the break down of LDL, HDL and triglycerides, so it remains a mystery.
Thankyou to everyone on this forum, for all the love and support offered, to myself and everyone. My GP told me that Type 2 was progressive, but this forum told me differently and gave me hope. ❤️

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a smashing result, well done You.

On the cholesterol result, here's a very short video (less than four minutes, if memory serves) that will explain the small rise that will be temporary. Again, great work.

Reactions: Prem51

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kaity Thorpe well done on your brilliant results, that is a tremendous reduction in HbA1C in just 6 months.

@Guzzler thank you so much for that video, it’s helped to clear up that question for me too.

Reactions: Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work. I talked my GP out of giving me Statins when I spoke about the weight loss causing higher cholesterol readings :)