Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have 2 testers one I bought off amazon
A Sinocare AQ smart which cost me £20.
Because the nhs could supply the test strips I was given Braun
So here my dilemma before I had my tea I tested on the AQ smart which read 13.9
Then I crossed referenced on the braun 11.9. How do I know which is right ? Or is the best you can get from any meter just a ball park figure.

Reactions: kitedoc

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meters are only have to be +/- 15% accurate so the true value is probably somewhere between the two. What both meters are telling you is that your blood glucose is too high, so you need to address that rather than worry about the exact figure.

Syd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Meters are only have to be +/- 15% accurate so the true value is probably somewhere between the two. What both meters are telling you is that your blood glucose is too high, so you need to address that rather than worry about the exact figure.

I agree with that. One has only got to take three readings at the same time with the same meter to get three different test results, yet some people are making decisions on what to eat and what not to eat on the basis one pre-prandial test and one post-prandial test.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd stick with one meter and keep a note of the readings and graph them if you can. Over time they will average out and you'll get a pretty good idea about how your BG level is going and just what specific foods do to your BG.
I get a vial of calibration fluid about every 9 months from the suppliers of my Glucomen meter and do a test to ensure it is working within its intended limits.

Reactions: kitedoc