Freestyle Libre

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'll need to remember that for next time......

I don't think I have been scanning that much to be fair....as I am assuming the time between meals is still getting recorded.....

it has been very accurate though.....im really happy so far...

Reactions: porl69

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't think I have been scanning that much to be fair....as I am assuming the time between meals is still getting recorded.....
As long as there is no more than 8 hours time between the scans you will have all the data - as that is all the sensor can hold (it holds the last 8 hours - so if you scanned for example at 10pm and then at 8am then you'd get the midnight to 8am data).

Do note that when you use both the reader and your phone, they do not talk to each other so you need to make sure you scan both at least every 8 hours

Reactions: novorapidboi26

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
hello everyone!
So I’ve been given the freestyle libre today, so soooo happy:D.
Just one question, my DSN said that it takes readings every 15 mins on its own, where can I find these readings, would like to have a little look at them at some point. Hope I’ve put this in the related forum.
Thanks x
It stores the data for 8 hours so the only difficulty is if you sleep for longer than that. I keep mine in the bathroom over night so if I need to get up I always scan then. Every time you scan it will show the graph of all the recorded information.

daisy22

I'm really happy to use the libre. I started using about 2 months ago and now do so many glucose readings it's not funny! Through the night it's very useful.

One question I have is hope do you input the carbs in? If I weigh my 2 slices of bread which reads 47g, does the input need to read 47g? For one meal that seems an awful lot and I am trying to go lower carb.

Reactions: Squidzy and porl69

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
I'm really happy to use the libre. I started using about 2 months ago and now do so many glucose readings it's not funny! Through the night it's very useful.

One question I have is hope do you input the carbs in? If I weigh my 2 slices of bread which reads 47g, does the input need to read 47g? For one meal that seems an awful lot and I am trying to go lower carb.
Are you using bread which you need to cut in order to weigh it. I use presliced which has the carbs on it- it is important when entering the values it is the carb value grams of carbohydrate not weight as in grams. " slices of warburtons bread are 17.4 each so 34.8 so 35 g of carbs.

daisy22

Yes it is cut bread that has the values.

I'm still confused though. The information says each slice is 20g carbs. So do I input 20g into the libre information or do I have to do some working out?

What about for things like mashed potato? In other words foods that don't tell you the carbs value. Do I weigh the cooked mash and input that gram amount?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yes it is cut bread that has the values.

I'm still confused though. The information says each slice is 20g carbs. So do I input 20g into the libre information or do I have to do some working out?

What about for things like mashed potato? In other words foods that don't tell you the carbs value. Do I weigh the cooked mash and input that gram amount?

You will find Carb details on the packaging. Usually in carbs per 100g.

D

Deleted Account

Are you using the Libre Link app?
If so, the carb value is for your information only - it does not tell you how many carbs to inject.

If you are asking how many carbs is in your food, it maybe useful to do a carb counting course. If you are in the UK, your diabetes team should know about the local DAFNE course. Alternatively, you can do the bertie online course in your own time (https://www.bertieonline.org.uk/).