Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hey guys
I have undertaken a challenge of going from no exercise to running the London Marathon in under 1 year.
I started with my first ever Parkrun on 29th April 2017, and I'm pleased to announce I will be running in the London Marathon on 22nd April 2018.
I ran my first half Marathon on 8th October and finished in a respectable 1 hour 52 minutes, my goal for London is under 4 hours.
I will be running to prove to myself, and hopefully inspire others, that diabetes doesn't hold us back. If anything diabetes is a motivating factor in my life.
Any support you could give me in my challenge would be amazing, I have chosen to run for RNIB. This is a charity very close to my heart, these guys really offered great support to a good friend of mine when she needed it the most
1786a88f1594bf146b22715fad115d28.jpg

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/brian-hoadley-type1bri

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A good friend of mine has some first hand experience of the work the RNIB carry out. A worthwhile read from Sara on my blog, the lady is an inspiration to me
https://type1bri.com/rnib-saras-story
Wow, that's a cracking read! Thank you for sharing!

I'd love to do a marathon one day but just this week my training for Sunday's 10k, which was going GREAT, has thrown up the niggle which then resulted in injury at the last one! So I'm very inspired to read that you're in training for four times that distance.

Go @Type1Bri !

:happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: Type1Bri

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Inspires me everytime I read It, Sara story will get me through that final 6 miles and thru the pain on the day

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
If you don't do the "Just Giving" thing I also set up text giving, costs nothing other than your donation, all of which goes to RNIB fundraising
2a4700b961d054e7b045afda338531d1.jpg

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Hmmm still working on that bit lol

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’d like to run a marathon with type 1 to although there’s a time I want to run it in and I’m a bit scared

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What time, and why scared?
It’s always been a goal of mine to break 3hrs that’s like 6.50 mins per mile I don’t think I’d have a chance at the noment I always end up getting injured if I do to much running.
I’m sure you will manage to break 4 hrs if you did a 1.52 half how did you feel after running that?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
It’s always been a goal of mine to break 3hrs that’s like 6.50 mins per mile I don’t think I’d have a chance at the noment I always end up getting injured if I do to much running.
I’m sure you will manage to break 4 hrs if you did a 1.52 half how did you feel after running that?
Wow that would be an awesome pace.
I felt good after the half marathon, just started my training now for London 2018

Reactions: tyedean

Carolann13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who eat crisps in the cinema, anyone who dislikes animals.
Good luck Davie

Reactions: tyedean