Trust Me I'm a Doctor Repeat 4.30 BBC2 today

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies and gents, please keep it civil. Further attacks on others will see the Moderators stepping in, heavily.

Thanks you in anticipation.

Honeyend

From the right sort of carb thread.
I found this very interesting, honestly. This guy has been through a lot of the studies and the evidence is fat and refined carb together make you fat. Who knew?
That there is old fashioned common sense in 'walking off a meal', and having a pudding for afters, if you can have pudding that is.
My soul destroying event of Sunday morning was trying to have breakfast in a healthy eating shop/café. Every item on the breakfast menu was high carb processed cake bread etc, not even a yoghurt. You would do better with a fry up at the 'Spoons, even Sainsbury's to a scrambled egg and avocado breakfast.
So I sat looking at people having a nice healthy fruit juice and cake, or toast with jam. I just had a coffee.
There is a lot of work to do.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently you always know better than the whole medical profession, the entire scientific academic community, all the scientists who put together all the diets for all the governments for all the major countries on all the continents, plus the WHO, so I am not surprised that you know better than the BBC and its 5 doctors on this occasion. but that does not entitle you to constantly belittle and scorn everyone who disagrees with your opinion.I'm surprised the Moderators don't step in more often.
As someone who was badly damaged by the 'cut saturated fats and eat starchy carbs advice' I am so pleased that posters on this forum do question this advice. I (like many others on this forum) am pleased that the whole medical profession and the entire scientific academic community do not support this way of eating. Thank goodness for doctors like Dr Aseem Malhotra and many others.

I do get quite upset by the thought that so many people are rushing headlong into poor health and that they are totally unaware that doctors and scientists are questioning this bad advice. I