I mean the use of diet reduces the production of insulin

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @HICHAM_T2, In general terms, from my diabetes education and not as professional advice or opinion:
In Non-diabetics, a rise in blood sugar after a meal triggers release of insulin which enables the blood sugar (glucose) to enter cell of the body where it can be used as fuel (liver and brain cells however do not ned insulin for the glucose to enter them). Insulin also in this fashion keep the blood sugar level from rising too high.
On general terms the more carbs that are eaten, say at a meal, the more insulin is released. However a % of protein in the meal will be converted to glucose over a longer time and have some influence on blood sugar level later than most carbs and thus may cause a further release of insulin.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
hi there
What is the relationship of insulin with carbohydrates
I mean the use of diet reduces the production of insulin
The liver is the regulator.
The more carbs or protein then this will trigger liver to convert more glucose with the messaged insulin production in the gut into excessive energy (if not used causes fat cell fill ups)
IF
the liver is over stimulated then more insulin requested and glucose dumping in times of perceived fasts.

The liver plays a huge part.
If the liver is fatty or not working properly, neither does conversions.
Pancreatic cells physically produce insulin but liver messages for need, and when.
It starts in the gut though.

Last edited:

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Good morning @kitedoc and @ickihun and have a nice day In fact first thank you for this valuable information It seems that insulin production needs to eat carbohydrates
That's why I am surprised by some people who eat a lot of carbohydrates but with physical efforts they control the level of blood sugar

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good morning @kitedoc and @ickihun and have a nice day In fact first thank you for this valuable information It seems that insulin production needs to eat carbohydrates
That's why I am surprised by some people who eat a lot of carbohydrates but with physical efforts they control the level of blood sugar
They don't. Their livers do. Their pituitary gland does too. Their guts do. Their genes do too.
The pancreas just creates the hormone from all the signals.
Maybe nerve signals but definitely other hormones in the mix.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
They don't. Their livers do. Their pituitary gland does too. Their guts do. Their genes do too.
The pancreas just creates the hormone from all the signals.
Maybe nerve signals but definitely other hormones in the mix.
But on what substance the pancreas depends on the production of insulin do you have any informations about it

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
But on what substance the pancreas depends on the production of insulin do you have any informations about it

The pancreatic beta cells in the Islets of Langerhans.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry, Hicham, I do not know which (if any) minerals or the lack of them affect beta cell health.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Healthy cells produce the hormone insulin. Damaged cells don't (type1).
Healthy cells are produced in the womb then if looked after (good health, not cancer etc.) they continue to produce insulin until old age where they can deteriate or slow down production, which is normally type2. Old fashioned type2.
Type2 now is Insulin resistance and slow affective insulin.
Type1 is no insulin due to damaged cells or insulin running out due to dying cells.

What's needed for healthy cells is....... antioxidants. In our lifestyles. Me thinks. However just my opinion. No guarantee to avoid type1 though. Thought to be genetic, in some.
Like genetical in type2s too. Fat gene can contribute. Body shape and stressful personalities. Soooo many influences.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HICHAM_T2 - As I understand it, you are looking after your T2 by using diet and some exercise. Just recently,you seem to have become very, very interested in insulin. Is there any particular reason? Is anything worrying you?

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
@HICHAM_T2 - As I understand it, you are looking after your T2 by using diet and some exercise. Just recently,you seem to have become very, very interested in insulin. Is there any particular reason? Is anything worrying you?
Hi @DCUKMod
Are you on right but I want to learn everything about diabetes I try if don't there any problem

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
"That's why I am surprised by some people who eat a lot of carbohydrates but with physical efforts they control the level of blood sugar"

That is because on every muscle and skeletal cell are specific glucose transporters (GLUT 4 ) that admit glucose into the cell for use as energy. These are brought to the surface of the cell when insulin binds to an insulin receptor on the outside surface of the cell (i.e they ate stimulated into action by the presence of insulin.)They open gateways in the cell membrane to admit glucose into the cell.
During exercise the cells quickly use up their reserves of energy and two things happen
1) the insulin receptors become more sensitive to insulin i.e. less is needed to stimulate the GLUT 4 transporter to move to the surface of the cell. This effect continues for a period after exercise (i.e the cells become more sensitive to insulin)
2) Muscle contractions themselves use a different pathway to signal transporters to move to the surface of the cell .(i.e. without insulin)
For a simple outline of how it works and why it helps in T2 and can help but also cause problems for those who use insulin

http://www.diabetesforecast.org/2010/jul/the-science-of-exercise.html

This video shows what is going on at the cellular level (quite complex but the graphics help explain)

Last edited:

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
"That's why I am surprised by some people who eat a lot of carbohydrates but with physical efforts they control the level of blood sugar"

That is because on every muscle and skeletal cell are specific glucose transporters (GLUT 4 ) that admit glucose into the cell for use as energy. These are brought to the surface of the cell when insulin binds to an insulin receptor on the outside surface of the cell (i.e they ate stimulated into action by the presence of insulin.)They open gateways in the cell membrane to admit glucose into the cell.
During exercise the cells quickly use up their reserves of energy and two things happen
1) the insulin receptors become more sensitive to insulin i.e. less is needed to stimulate the GLUT 4 transporter to move to the surface of the cell. This effect continues for a period after exercise (i.e the cells become more sensitive to insulin)
2) Muscle contractions themselves use a different pathway to signal transporters to move to the surface of the cell .(i.e. without insulin)
For a simple outline of how it works and why it helps in T2 and can help but also cause problems for those who use insulin

http://www.diabetesforecast.org/2010/jul/the-science-of-exercise.html

This video shows what is going on at the cellular level (quite complex but the graphics help explain)
Hi
Exactly i'm yesterday my blood sugar up to 151mg/dl after meal but when I do some exercise about 20 min my blood sugar down to 96mg/dl exercise is a magic solution for diabetes