Freestyle Libre problems

sandersb83

Only had my freestyle libre for 2hours now, but am I the only one that got VERY inaccurate readings on start-up?

After scanning 6 times in 25minutes every reading was LO.....however finger prick tests had the range between 4.3 - 7.1 (quick rise as I got worried that I was hypo after that first scan and Lucozade!).

Any answers to this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
The libre can take 24 hours to normalize. Often people put them in for 24 hours before activating them. If its still out, contact Abbott and they will send you a new one.

Reactions: Nutty72
D

Deleted Account

As @Angelofthemarches says, the Libre takes some time to "settle".
You have just shoved a foreign object into your arm - it will take some time to get used to it. In the meantime, it will be giving you dodgy readings.

How are you scanning your sensor?
I have tried the Libre Reader, the Libre Link app and Glimp app. I have found Glimp far more accurate than the other two approaches for me. It uses a different algorithm to convert interstitial fluid readings to BG and the algorithm allows you to calibrate with finger prick readings.
So, if you continue to see unusual readings tomorrow, it may be worthwhile trying Glimp.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Oh I should try the glimp! I'm type 2 not on insulin and self funding. But i was rapidly insulin bound and I find the libre really keeps me on track. It is expensive, I really hope the cost comes down!!

Reactions: Kim Possible

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
am I the only one that got VERY inaccurate readings on start-up?

As already mentioned, the first 12-24hrs aren't always accurate. The 10 day sensors used in the U.S. have a 12hr "warming up" period when a reading can't even be taken.

techdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
As mentioned they take a short while to be fully up and running, the instructions tell you this. Also when scanning its telling you what your glucose was 10 minutes ago, if you don't feel right then finger test is always a must. Mine works perfectly never had issues and been using them for 8 months.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had similar issues with the two i trialed, and I had the second one installed 48 hours first to settle. Just kept reading weirdly. Not just low but numbers that didn’t add up even with the lag they tell you about.

People mentioned about third party apps but as my health care team wanted to access it I needed to use the official software.

I was supposed to get it on prescription but once the second one ran out I decided not to follow it up...