Insulin and small weight loss!!

carnabychick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I was in Victoza for 3 years, initially lost loads of weight then regained some. Came off Victoza as it was not agreeing with me and asked if I could try insulin as was fed up with all the side effects from oral meds. Currently on novorapid, max 3 units before meals and I don’t feel hungry and have lost a few pounds in my first week and have more energy. I thought I was supposed to gain weight or be hungry more??? Anyone else have similar????

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
hi @carnabychick
Great to hear you are doing so well. As a T1 my situation may be slightly different but I agree that insulin has not caused weight gain or excessive hunger - unless I am in a bad hypo where food is my only thought.

carnabychick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thx @Diakat, I saw the DSN today and she’s happy with my readings on just novorapid. She’s going to speak about me to the consultant as she thinks I’m that I may have in her words, a genetic type of diabetes! But whatever type I am, I’m just happy I’ve found something that’s working well

Nicel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I was in Victoza for 3 years, initially lost loads of weight then regained some. Came off Victoza as it was not agreeing with me and asked if I could try insulin as was fed up with all the side effects from oral meds. Currently on novorapid, max 3 units before meals and I don’t feel hungry and have lost a few pounds in my first week and have more energy. I thought I was supposed to gain weight or be hungry more??? Anyone else have similar????

That’s good to hear. Been on victoza for 4 months and need to come off because of the horrendous fatigue I’m getting. I will end up on insulin but worried about all the weight I’ve lost. Have you managed to keep it off still.