Hi do you have any advice about losing weight with the low carb diet.

Hi, I have followed the advice from the forum and started a low carb diet for the last week. This was because my blood sugar levels had gone up and were spiking. Since then my blood sugars have been fine. I was previously on weight watchers and had lost about 10 lb in about four weeks. However since the change to low carb, I've only lost about 1lb in the last week. I am probably hoping too much and maybe a pound a week is good. I'm quite eager to lose the weight to improve my health.

I have been eating small amounts of cheese, small amount of cream but carbs under 50g a day. Thank you and I'm looking forward to hearing what others have found and advice. Thanks.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have followed the advice from the forum and started a low carb diet for the last week. This was because my blood sugar levels had gone up and were spiking. Since then my blood sugars have been fine. I was previously on weight watchers and had lost about 10 lb in about four weeks. However since the change to low carb, I've only lost about 1lb in the last week. I am probably hoping too much and maybe a pound a week is good. I'm quite eager to lose the weight to improve my health.

I have been eating small amounts of cheese, small amount of cream but carbs under 50g a day. Thank you and I'm looking forward to hearing what others have found and advice. Thanks.
Sometimes it takes a little while to kick in. For me, it comes in fits and starts, then I plateau for a while, then poof, I'm melting again. So do stick with it, it'll come.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

A pound in a week is not bad at all, but you do need to increase one type of macro, namely patience. Did your blood glucose go down? Weight loss doesn't necessarily equal lower blood sugars, but I learned that lower sugar (insulin) levels do help weight loss, so keep at it. One week is not enough to judge.
Talking of weight loss. I 'gained' 2kgs since yesterday. So many things can play a part in this, but I know it's not fat that I gained overnight, so I grin and bear it.
Oh, get yourself a measure tape and measure yourself before you get to far into your journey. Sometimes you'll lose inches and sometimes lbs. Funny but true .

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now then @yorkshirelad27! I'm new to low carb high fat and am trying to stay in ketosis as well. Weight loss is as individual as we are, but if you eat a low carb diet with a higher fat percentage and combine that with intermittent fasting, say 16:8 to start with... 16 hours fasting then an 8 hour eating window, you should see some weight come off. I've lost 7lbs in the past three weeks, but I'm around 19 stones, and that's plenty fast enough for me. In practice it's really easy, you can have dinner around 7pm, skip breakfast and then eat lunch and dinner. I found it a breeze so I added 24 hour fasts every other day except weekends.

The closer you are to a healthy weight, the less likely it is that you'll have quick weight loss, though. I do believe the steadier it goes the more likely it is to stay off, too.

fr0d0

To lose weight you need to consume less calories too.
Low carb will put your body into ketosis which burns fat instead of sugar. So exercising will be more efficient/you should see more benefit from exercise.