Keeping positive with Diabetes

Angela(NZ)

Dislikes
liars
Morning/Evening

When i first found out that i had Diabetes it was like a deathsentence, didnt understand what to do etc ...but pulled myself together and said to myself this is not going to beat me - have managed to loose 90 pounds (41 kilo's) and my BS's are now within normal range....If i didnt have the diabetes i would still be carrying that massive weight around....for me Diabetes has been a good thing, im not going to think about the future and if i get complications, im just taking one day at a time!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I do agree, Angela - diabetes has been one of the best things that's ever happened to me! It's given me a great kick up the backside to get a hold on my life, at last. I too am losing weight (though not as much as you, yet), and I feel pretty much in control of things right now.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody - but how strange that something that at first seems so awful can actually turn into a positive experience!

Viv 8)

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
Fantastic somebody else who looks at the positive, so it's called a disease? so what it can be beaten and by positive thinking and good control we will beat it!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
The positive effect of having diabetes for me is that it brought me to this forum and all my friends :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
daisy1 said:
The positive effect of having diabetes for me is that it brought me to this forum and all my friends :)

That's very nice daisy! :D

Nigel

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
Now that I'm taking control of my diabetes and learning about it through this forum, I agree. It's gone from a disease where I watch my father suffer from most of the complications and think I'm bound to follow; to where I can see WHY he's got the complications and I'm learning how I can avoid going down his road. I just wish I could persuade my brother to follow too - but anything I do MUST be wrong :twisted: (typical older brother).

Also I'm losing weight - something I'd given up on - after trying every diet. I'd never heard of low carbing, but thanks to this forum, I heard, I follow, I lose :lol:

Not something I'd wish on anyone, but it seems now to be good for me :? :lol: :roll:

Cheers

Ailz