Experiment anyone?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been testing a lot these days and whenever I tested at precisely one hour, it always wasn't the peak. I would peak, at the fastest, one and a half hours after meal and mostly 2 hours. Knowing the trend, I stopped testing at one hour and started testing only at two hours. I don't know why I peak at two hours. It's a bit distressing tome :(

Have you tested longer than two hours, @jefff? Some fatty food combinations may only just be beginning to show a rise at 2 hours. Curry can be a classic for this.

Reactions: jefff

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been prediabetic for a couple of years now. My target is pretty 'standard' which is below 140mg/dl (7.7mmol/l) after two hours. I usually don't eat much carb but when I do, the BG spike worries me :(
@jefff I don’t test so often now as I know what most meals do to my BS however if I’ve had something overly carby Eg pizza or pasta I still do but also test at the 2.5 or 3 hour point to see if my 2 hour reading was on the way up or down.

Reactions: jefff

jefff

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tested longer than two hours, @jefff? Some fatty food combinations may only just be beginning to show a rise at 2 hours. Curry can be a classic for this.
I usually test at 2 hours and 3 hours to make sure it is going down at three hours. I really expect I can bring down my BS at 2 hours without having too restrict my carb even further. I'm already a bit too skinny :(

jefff

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Now I'm eating low carb and my levels stay in the 5s and 6s mostly with some in the 7s
Low carb high fat diet is certainly a solution. My BS test is always acceptable on the LCHF diet, but there are times when carbs are too tempting to avoid :shy:. They say OMAD can restore insulin sensitivity. Doing it for two and a half months and then tried my insulin sensitivity with high carb meals. The result was disappointing. I'm still insulin resistant. No improvement on my insulin sensitivity after OMAD. I think I'm more of a T2 than a prediabetic. :(

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb high fat diet is certainly a solution. My BS test is always acceptable on the LCHF diet, but there are times when carbs are too tempting to avoid :shy:. They say OMAD can restore insulin sensitivity. Doing it for two and a half months and then tried my insulin sensitivity with high carb meals. The result was disappointing. I'm still insulin resistant. No improvement on my insulin sensitivity after OMAD. I think I'm more of a T2 than a prediabetic. :(

Jefff - Are you familiar with the "last meal effect", when it comes to your blood glucose readings? Well worth remembering when considering any changes to diet.