Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Period hunger is next level munch, I’m eating everything in sight. I’ve never seen my bf so scared.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@MeiChanski - thank you! I will check that the ingredients are vegan, and if they are I'll get some of the patches - thanks again :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It often does, but sometimes it doesn't, if I've managed to thoroughly screw things up.

Sending you hugs :(
Usually in my case of back pain, it’s usually bad posture, slept funny, been on my knees for a long time cleaning. Massages, tea, being gentle with myself (put my bf to work ) and lumbar cushion has resolved most of it.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon all,
Tired of marking so went to the station to get a ticket for London tomorrow. Very early start, need to leave here by 6.30am. I shouldn't complain as it's a different sort of work but oooh the forecast is for sun and heat. That means garden weather and I won't be able to.
I'm reliably informed that the orb will stay for 2 more days so all is not lost.
Lemon sole for supper

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Son and husband moved old furniture outside. We have two camping chairs and a lot of empty floorspace! Local authority are collecting the old stuff tomorrow; they really are in an atrocious state.

Tomorrow we re-arrange everything that needs to be, and Friday is shampoo the carpet back into some semblance of life.

Apparently tonight is takeaway so I am hugely grateful to @MeiChanski for her suggestions earlier in the thread :hungry:

Reactions: MeiChanski

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 how was Turkey and how did you manage on MDI for 2 weeks

Hi @porl69 Turkey was excellent and going back to MDI was fairly easy to get used to. Main problem was the BG control which was terrible.

Going Ok for a day or 2, then woke up about 3am with a BG of around 5 but heading down. So took a couple of biccies and back to bed. Half hour later BG had dropped to around 4 so took 250 ml of full sugar coke. 20 mins later had dropped to BG of about 3. Start to panic a bit, so took 500 ml of coke and 10 mins later had dropped again. Now really panicking. Scoffed about 6 glucose tablets and within 2 minutes broke out in real cold sweat and was violently sick everywhere.

Only got about 6 glucose tablets left an no other sweet stuff, so scoff them and finally after about 10 mins BG start rising slowly.

After that i was always terrified of going low so tended to run BG at around 10 +

Icmeler itself was excellent, resort much busier than normal. Drinks prices have gone up a bit to the point where they are much same as UK prices. I ate out mainly at Turkish Pide places as due to heat did not feel like a big meal. great food there and amazingly cheap prices.

If you are going to Ekinci Palace dont forget your earplugs it can be a little lively of an evening

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
How’s your back now @WuTwo? Have you tried reaching up to the door jamb and hanging on it with feet off the floor while your body weight realigns your spine? Often works for me.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

How’s your back now @WuTwo? Have you tried reaching up to the door jamb and hanging on it with feet off the floor while your body weight realigns your spine? Often works for me.

I've been lying on my back, knees up to chest and arms clasped round them, and then I rocked up and down gently for a while. After that, it's the red Tiger Balm.

I'd do the door jamb thing but this house is so very old and decrepit that if I did that, the top of the door jamb would probably pull off :wideyed: The whole house has a distinct character best described as falling apart with grace.....

Reactions: Fairygodmother

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo I'm feeling mushrooms in black bean sauce (without chilli), chips, fried tofu in satay sauce (I don't know why some chinese takeaways make satay spicy, when it's not suppose to be spicy) or cooked in garlic sauce. :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My mum sent me a photo and videos of my baby cousin babbling in her baby walker seat (she is going through a stage of talking gibberish) and her hair is amazing. It looks like Einstein's spiky hair. :hilarious:
Reckon she'll go into science later on in life?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening

Off out to meet up with the gang and eat Lebanese cuisine, if I remember I'll take pics and post up on the T1 Food thread :)

Other than that trying to resist the temptation of a Ripple bar downstairs :rolleyes:
Oh enjoy! please do share the food pics and food descriptions. :hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Made the most of my day off by clearing and planting my entire (tiny) garden, building my new swing seat and doing my tax return. That’s enough adulting for one day. There is a fly buzzing loudly in my living room and I’m seriously considering shooting it.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Made the most of my day off by clearing and planting my entire (tiny) garden, building my new swing seat and doing my tax return. That’s enough adulting for one day. There is a fly buzzing loudly in my living room and I’m seriously considering shooting it.
I though the AK-47 had been deactivated!

Reactions: WuTwo and porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know :rolleyes: and it not even smut/innuendo Friday yet :angelic::hilarious:

Tell me about it.. Must be the weather? Things been strange for the past couple of daze. (Since a gig on Saturday.)
Some "fan girl" attempting to essentially tempt me out of my marriage on FB..

Don't worry folks, no chance. Respectfully declined. :cool:

"Ripple bar." Eyes front & foward "soldier." You had yer lucky opportunities when you were single...

Who says it's all "test, bolus eat, repeat... " ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: slip and porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I still have my bow :D

I have a rather heavy chrome microphone stand which was once used in a "ghost busting" (paranormal.) incident..

Loud bugs, I just tend to scoot em out the door or window.. :)