Weight won't stabilize after coming off the Keto diet

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I suggest you replace your meter, you are on a med that can cause hypos.

Boyfriend said 800 cals, that is restricted. Keto was mentioned, that is restricted. To do both at the same time is unwise imo.
You must have been so very hungry for those nine months.
I actually wasn't, and I am not very hungry now, but I want to be able to eat normal amounts of food again. problem is when I increase my caloric intake, I gain pounds! I want to do this in a way where I don't gain that much weight.

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I suggest you replace your meter, you are on a med that can cause hypos.

Boyfriend said 800 cals, that is restricted. Keto was mentioned, that is restricted. To do both at the same time is unwise imo.
You must have been so very hungry for those nine months.
also, I wasn't alsways restricting myself to 800 calories, it was the last two months of the diet.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Miniblini - I'd join @wiflib asking what you're actually eating each day.

When you say you are gaining 1lb a day, how many straight days have you been gaining? I am, however, a bit confused. In his initial post, your boyfriend stated you are gaining 1lb a day, but he also states you are excercising losing 1lb a day? Could you clarify for me please?

How are your energy levels and in terms of your weight now, are you underweight, at a healthy weight, or still carrying a few pounds?

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
What do you actually eat every day?
I am eating cabbage with sausage for breakfast, a big bowl of watermelon and two string cheeses for lunch, and half a chicken breast and broccoli for dinner.

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
@Miniblini - I'd join @wiflib asking what you're actually eating each day.

When you say you are gaining 1lb a day, how many straight days have you been gaining? I am, however, a bit confused. In his initial post, your boyfriend stated you are gaining 1lb a day, but he also states you are excercising losing 1lb a day? Could you clarify for me please?

How are your energy levels and in terms of your weight now, are you underweight, at a healthy weight, or still carrying a few pounds?
I haven't been gaining consistently. one day I actually lost weight. I can't say for certain how long I have been gaining, but today I gained about 1.3 pounds, and only burned 1 pound off. I have just been walking on the treadmill for 45-50 minutes a day.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe changing the fruit for salad, with salad dressing and coleslaw - having sugary foods can be problematic when aiming for stability.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
today I gained about 1.3 pounds, and only burned 1 pound off.
I don't understand. You either gain or lose weight in a day, not both.
To see what you gain or lose per day you can weigh, say, once a week and devide by 7.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't been gaining consistently. one day I actually lost weight. I can't say for certain how long I have been gaining, but today I gained about 1.3 pounds, and only burned 1 pound off. I have just been walking on the treadmill for 45-50 minutes a day.

So, what is the difference between your weight when you stopped deliberately losing weight, to now. How much have you gained?

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I don't understand. You either gain or lose weight in a day, not both.
To see what you gain or lose per day you can weigh, say, once a week and devide by 7.
sorry, I meant at the gym. I burned a pound off at the gym.

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
So, what is the difference between your weight when you stopped deliberately losing weight, to now. How much have you gained?
about 3 pounds, but it's going to be a lot more since I am starting to eat (semi)-normally again.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
about 3 pounds, but it's going to be a lot more since I am starting to eat (semi)-normally again.

When changing diet a notional gain of 3lbs is nothing.

I am very slim, but my weight can vary by several pounds throughout the day, and over a few days, depending upon what I have eaten.

If you have started eating more, and including a few more carbs, by-and-large carbs retain a bit of water, which could esily explain your variations.

Have you asked your Doctor about this? Where, roughly, are you located?

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
When changing diet a notional gain of 3lbs is nothing.

I am very slim, but my weight can vary by several pounds throughout the day, and over a few days, depending upon what I have eaten.

If you have started eating more, and including a few more carbs, by-and-large carbs retain a bit of water, which could esily explain your variations.

Have you asked your Doctor about this? Where, roughly, are you located?
well, actually it's roughly over 6 pounds, but I exercise daily, so it isn't as much. but I am gaining over a pound a day now. also, I am taking a diuretic, so it's not water weight.

I live in California. I see a dietition on the 31st. I am in starvation mode currently and looking to get out of it.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well, actually it's roughly over 6 pounds, but I exercise daily, so it isn't as much. but I am gaining over a pound a day now. also, I am taking a diuretic, so it's not water weight.

I live in California. I see a dietition on the 31st. I am in starvation mode currently and looking to get out of it.

I’m still utterly confused about what’s happening to you. Are you able to put all the info in one post?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A diuretic? Why do you need a diuretic?
I suspect that you have hammered too hard and now need to let your body recover its equilibrium - and gain reassurance that there isn't a famine going on.
That might mean regaining weight - it is, after all, not weight that is the problem - it is - I hope in order for your exercise to give you well toned muscles? You need energy for all that activity, but - are you eating low fat foods? That denies your body fuel - it can result in the breakdown of protein if you have eaten carbs and as a result have insulin in your blood locking away energy stores.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don't want to pry, but right now, are you underweight, about right or carrying some spare poundage, accoring to the healthy ranges? If you are underweight and eating more, your body will be trying very hard to get you into a healthy range.

Have you had a full blood panel done recently? There are many reasons any person might confoundingly be gaining weight - like a wonky thyroid galnd, or certain medication, just as examples.

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I’m still utterly confused about what’s happening to you. Are you able to put all the info in one post?
I was on the keto diet. two months before ending it, I went crazy and started starving myself. now I am in starvation mode, and am gaining a ton of weight. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to stop such rapid weight gain.

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I don't want to pry, but right now, are you underweight, about right or carrying some spare poundage, accoring to the healthy ranges? If you are underweight and eating more, your body will be trying very hard to get you into a healthy range.

Have you had a full blood panel done recently? There are many reasons any person might confoundingly be gaining weight - like a wonky thyroid galnd, or certain medication, just as examples.
I am the right weight, but I am worried about gaining a ton of weight back. I am getting a blood panel done, but my thyroid is okay right now. I have hypothyroidism as well, but am on the right medication for it.

Miniblini

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
A diuretic? Why do you need a diuretic?
I suspect that you have hammered too hard and now need to let your body recover its equilibrium - and gain reassurance that there isn't a famine going on.
That might mean regaining weight - it is, after all, not weight that is the problem - it is - I hope in order for your exercise to give you well toned muscles? You need energy for all that activity, but - are you eating low fat foods? That denies your body fuel - it can result in the breakdown of protein if you have eaten carbs and as a result have insulin in your blood locking away energy stores.
I need a diuretic for an unrelated health problem. And Yeah, I know that my body is trying to gain weight because it thinks it's a famine, but does anyone have any tips on how to slow the weight gain?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am the right weight, but I am worried about gaining a ton of weight back. I am getting a blood panel done, but my thyroid is okay right now. I have hypothyroidism as well, but am on the right medication for it.

Bearing in mind you are seeing someone in a few days about this, I suggest you wait and talk to them about this.