Type 2 Fast food Glucose checks

Diabetesdave1

I have managed to get my sugar levels down but I decided to have a McDonald’s wrap and fries and black coffee .I was quite surprised to get a reading of 10.1 mmol when I had started off at 6.1 mmol about two hours earlier,I know before I got diagnosed I would have drunk a large coke large fries quarter pounder chicken wings and one of those ice cream McFlurrys,I hate to guess what my blood sugar was then .
I obviously never checked it never needed to but it makes you think needless to say next time i think I will stick with just the black coffee .
Anybody else out there tried certain takeaways and surprised at the readings just curious.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have managed to get my sugar levels down but I decided to have a McDonald’s wrap and fries and black coffee .I was quite surprised to get a reading of 10.1 mmol when I had started off at 6.1 mmol about two hours earlier,I know before I got diagnosed I would have drunk a large coke large fries quarter pounder chicken wings and one of those ice cream McFlurrys,I hate to guess what my blood sugar was then .
I obviously never checked it never needed to but it makes you think needless to say next time i think I will stick with just the black coffee .
Anybody else out there tried certain takeaways and surprised at the readings just curious.
Haven't tried because slightly elevated BS makes me feel ill. But a quarter pounder is still in the cards, just order it without a bun. Have two! I don't know whether you order at the counter or with a touch screen, but you can customize your order, and "no bun" is an option. just be prepared to ask for cutlery, they always forget it. ;)

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have McD's breakfast quite often - a round egg, no cheese (as it's plasticky and horrible) and I swop the hash brown for a cucumber bag. I have a bite of the muffin, no more - can order without, but its easier to hold the egg with it ! And a regular coffee. Never spikes my sugar - 2hr reading up to around 6.4 from a early morning 5.5 ish or thereabouts.

You can customise McD's to suit, reasonably. bacon, sausage, burger meat, grilled chicken salad, etc. Order water instead of pop, diet or otherwise - much healthier. I have the Carbs and Cals app on my phone so I can look up fast food if needs be, but generally have found options which don't spike my BS.