Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh, I got elected! Thanks everyone for trusting I can do the stuff a moderator needs to do, I'll do my very best to live up to that :)
I'm pretty shaken by this but in a very good way! Getting elected by people you like and respect a lot turns out to be a very effective boost to mood, thanks again!

And thanks to retiring and sitting mods for your work, and please be patient with us newbies while we learn :)

And you got a new haircut too :) Many congratulations :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was wondering whether you were in Baku @zand . How was it, aside from the obvious?

(Without wishing to derail the thread, of course).
It was fun but very tiring...a 37 hour day trip. Expected to lose anyway but we're glad we went. :)

And I should have said thanks to the retiring mods @Pipp and @Jaylee in my earlier post...so I'm not really thread derailing much...am I? :nailbiting:

Reactions: jjraak and Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In all seriousness, I too would like to say thank you.

To those who trusted me with the important task of being part of the team to keep the wheels turning safely.
To those in that team, for the time and effort they put in.
To members, who do their bit by sticking with the ethos we all sign up to when we join, and for supporting mods by reporting anything that seems amiss. That really helps.
To those who stood for election, voted, and been elected this time round.
Congratulations, Goonergal, and Antje77. *Not forgetting Brunneria. Everyone, consider standing next time. It really is an amazing experience to serve as a mod.

Lastly, as my banner turns blue (that colour suits me much better than green) and I rejoin the ranks, please be kind to me if ever I made a mod decision you didn’t like.

*Oops, edited now I have sobered up a bit. :)

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Congratulations to all of you, those retiring, coming in and those in waiting. Just like a football ref, can't please everyone all of the time, but will always try to do the right things. On the whole this on runs great, so well done.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Belated thanks, @Jo_the_boat , from a retired mod.

Most members don’t see the amount of work that mods do behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly. Also, despite the ‘staff member’ livery, there is no remuneration. Time is given freely.

Edit spelling

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is that true for all mods?
I had read the unelected mod is paid for her work on the forum.

Hello Helen, I will respond as I feel your query really relates to me, as I am the only unelected member of the Mod team.

As you will note, I am no longer a Mod. I am an Administrator, as shown in my avatar, but I do still undertake Mod duties, but do other additional things.

Off the top of my head, I can't recall exactly when that change was made, but I do know it was whilst I was in Asia, which would make it during February or March this year, so well in advance of this year's elections.

For completeness, I have never made a secret ot it, and have stated repeated that I am an employee of DCUK, but I am far from a full-time employee. The balance of the Mods do their work on a completely voluntary basis. I, and everyone at DCUK are very grateful to them for their generosity and commitment.

I could have sworn we've had this discussion before, but no matter, it's good to be clear.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod . That’s very informative. I would like to understand one thing. Can I make it clear from this point on, I am in no way criticising any of the mod team ( rule C10 ).
The moderators are nominated and elected by the forum members. Totally feel this is the best way to go.
As an administrator, which we obviously need, do you still need to undertake mod duties?
Obviously we don’t elect an administrator like we elect moderators. Should the forum administrator, for the sake of clarity, actually stand for election as a moderator?
I’m sure you would be elected and it would help people realise and understand that they have elected you as a mod, and modding isn’t just something that comes with admin.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod . That’s very informative. I would like to understand one thing. Can I make it clear from this point on, I am in no way criticising any of the mod team ( rule C10 ).
The moderators are nominated and elected by the forum members. Totally feel this is the best way to go.
As an administrator, which we obviously need, do you still need to undertake mod duties?
Obviously we don’t elect an administrator like we elect moderators. Should the forum administrator, for the sake of clarity, actually stand for election as a moderator?
I’m sure you would be elected and it would help people realise and understand that they have elected you as a mod, and modding isn’t just something that comes with admin.

But does it matter ? I think all moderators do very good job. I have no problem that administer is also a mod.

M

Member496333

It would be fairly ridiculous if an administrator was unable to also moderate.

I am not challenging anyone’s opinion, but personally I have no interest in whether moderators are elected, self-appointed, work for free or get paid in gold bullion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lovinglife
Status
Not open for further replies.