Oh wise ones, help please

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have just bolused for my breakfast and realised that I had not yet reattached the pump after my shower. A stupid question on its way, do I need to do reprogram my pump again or will it know. I realised straight away but obviously too late.
Thank you

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much. I am only a few weeks into this. Another lesson learned. I have to say though I am loving my pump.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Also if you use extended bolus for meals, eat first then decide to shower, if you take pump off then look at what is left on your bolus, checking again after showering an re-connecting. Give yourself the difference, e.g. what you missed during the shower :)

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chas C
Some great advice thank you. I sure have much to learn.
Thank you all for your wise words and support.

Reactions: Chas C

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The same strategy should be taken when removing the pump for, e.g. swimming.
Take a note of unused extended bolus and any basal you miss whilst you are unattached.

It is probably a tads overwhelming at the moment but just like injecting, you get used to it over time.
Thank you

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The same strategy should be taken when removing the pump for, e.g. swimming.
Take a note of unused extended bolus and any basal you miss whilst you are unattached.

It is probably a tads overwhelming at the moment but just like injecting, you get used to it over time.

I know were diverting from the main subject, but for swimming I would normally decide how long I'm going to be in the water for, then do an advance basal for an hour or less - then recheck after the hour and do another advance basal if needed for longer. Then just reconnect to do in between basal updates or once finished in the water :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Just remember that the pump will tell you that you have insulin on board as it is programmed to help prevent the user stacking up one dose of insulin upon the other. So you would need to ovetcome /allow for any reduction in bolus dose recommended by the pump in the situation you describe,