It's a continuous journey

Kevmawr

I have been a yo yo dieter as my weight has been a problem for 35 years. I'm now 52.
My HbA1C went from 47 to 54 then 58 back to 54 then last Christmas went to 78.
I went on Keto diet and extreme walking as part of training for an ultra challenge.
By April my levels were down to 43 !
I did the 100km challenge at the end of May.
I've since done any walking and ate badly.
Got my HBA1ac result of 97 today.
Only got myself to blame.
Feel very tired and wonder is this Diabetes sign ?
Started Keto on Sunday but too tired to exercise.
Just shows that one cannot rest on their laurels as sugars can jump up greater than before.
Thanks
Kevin

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You’ve made the first step coming back here. I’ll just post the useful info post as a reminder for you:
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.17088/
I would suggest concentrating on the low carb/keto diet initially and make sure you don’t go hungry by making use of healthy fats so you don’t lack energy. Once you’ve got your energy levels sorted you’ll tolerate exercise better again.
Do you have a blood glucose meter? I strongly suggest testing before and after meals, if you get good numbers it inspires you to stick at it. Even if you get bad numbers, treat it as an education. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think if most of us are honest (and we mostly are!) we have all taken backwards steps or gone off the wagon and binged. Instead of beating yourself up about it, take a deep breath, refocus and start over again. Good luck!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Don't forget that the best results on this site are seen by those who focus primarily on the diet.

Exercise is great as the "icing" on the top, and for fitness, but diet trumps this by circa a factor of 5 to 6 times.