Hi everyone, just would like to hear your thoughts on hypos during pregnancy. I'm type 1 and 28+4 weeks pregnant. I just had a series of lows there in the middle of the night, also before bed, and no matter what I ate they wouldn't go up. Has anyone experienced these stubborn lies that won't go up? I was treating with glucose tablets plus Tesco honey and oat cereal bar (16g carbs). Then what seemed to work afterwards was plain yogurt with honey.
Any insights/information appreciated.
Thanks, Isobel.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @isobel_christina_63

Can you give us some more information, so what did you eat the evening before the hypo, around what time and what was your blood glucose levels like before bed ? What time was your hypo and how did you test for it ?

As you may already know hormones impact control as well as fluctuations in weight, it's also wise to speak to your diabetic nurse too so you have their input on this.

Clairebee

Hi Isobel I am 22+5 and type 1 for 21 years I have also experienced these lows glucose tablets take a while to get into my system now as do most other things so I was extremely low for sometimes nearly two hours then everything hits me at once!! There’s a number of explanations Iv been given all different and mostly including pregnancy hormones!!! Iv found that small 200ml cartons of boxed juice bring it up slightly then. A digestive biscuit seems to help however sometimes it will go low before the carbs from the biscuit kick in so keep two boxes of juice on hand hope this helps