Recycling

davgre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if I am at the right forum here, but I am concern the amount of plastic being used for insulin users, I take insulin 5 times day. I use the Novarapid Flexpen and the Lever Flexpen. I have been told to throw them in the waste bin when they are done. This troubles me because there will be a lot of plastic going into landfill which is not good for the environment. Do we know if anything can be done about this.

regards

David

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
You could ask your team for reusable pens?

davgre

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could ask your team for reusable pens?
Thank you Diktat, I was not aware that reusable pens existed. I have never been told about them, but now I know I will give it a try.
Thank you again

D

Deleted member 308541

I have been told to throw them in the waste bin when they are done.
This is about four weeks worth of medical packaging waste that goes into the trash from my place.

wtS3KLv.jpg

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
This is about four weeks worth of medical packaging waste that goes into the trash from my place.

wtS3KLv.jpg
Why in the trash? Can the cardboard boxes not be recycled? The paper inserts and batteries too.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Our binmen refuse to empty our recycling bin if it has the "wrong" sort of plastic in it and as I am unsure as to what is the "right" plastic I hesitate to put the packaging from my medication in it.

Also it would seem not all papers and card boards are equal in the recycling world quite confusing to say the least.

D

Deleted member 308541

Our binmen refuse to empty our recycling bin if it has the "wrong" sort of plastic in it and as I am unsure as to what is the "right" plastic I hesitate to put the packaging from my medication in it.
The cou

Also it would seem not all papers and card boards are equal in the recycling world quite confusing to say the least.
The council recycling truck drivers do not get out of the the truck here in Bundy to check whats in the wheelie bins, that gets sorted out at the dump.

kerbside.jpg