Removing birthdate

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some people are in their 2nd childhood .I think I am in my 3rd :) !
Carol

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You're not in any way obliged to fill that part out when joining the forum. If you're worried about security it's also good practice to change your birthday by a couple of days on any website asking for it.
When I joined I had to fill in the birth date because it said it was required and until I did I could not continue with registering so has that changed now or do others still have to do that

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I joined I had to fill in the birth date because it said it was required and until I did I could not continue with registering so has that changed now

@Pinkorchid , as I said earlier in the thread, if you would like it removed, I can do that for you.

I can take it all out, I can leave the date but take out the year, or vice versa.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with Mr-Pot you are holding our email addresses and birthdates on your records which would be there for all on the internet to see if there was a data breach The only option here on our profiles is to show day and month or to show year not an option to change or delete it so have to ask for it to be removed when it should not have been required in the first place

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you change it in your profile to something else?
Mine shows as empty so I guess I never filled mine in, but if you can change it, just change it to some other random date.
I also make sure mine is not shown anyway (uncheck the checkboxes under where the date is in your profile), so no-one viewing the forums can see it.
No it does not give me that option

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
This is why I continue to object to the thread, Answer some personal questions, as this supplies a wealth of data for scammers and hackers. Still, people continue and some of them will answer honestly!

Reactions: SueJB

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with Mr-Pot you are holding our email addresses and birthdates on your records which would be there for all on the internet to see if there was a data breach I think DOB is still a required field when joining here otherwise the registration will not complete without it. The only option here is to show it
on the message boards.. day and month or year.. but it is still on record here we can't just delete it so have to ask for it to be removed when it should not have been required in the first place​

Last edited:

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is why I continue to object to the thread, Answer some personal questions, as this supplies a wealth of data for scammers and hackers. Still, people continue and some of them will answer honestly!
Exactly I put the very minimum of information about myself on the internet. On here my personal info is that I have T2 and thats it . It always amazes me just how much personal information some people do put on groups

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Be aware that no matter what precautions you take regarding what you personally put on line there is a whole wealth of information on the internet and else where about you available to data miners that you have very little control over.

True privacy is a thing of the past.